Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Crash OverRide
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 R1, trying to decide on which one to go with either Akrapovic, Arrow, or M4.
Going with full system of course.
whats your opinion and experience?
Would go with a Austin Racing be the wait is what has me on the fence.

·
Nevermore
1,233 Posts
Graves. All day everyday.

·
Crash OverRide
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I forgot to put them on the list as well. It’s a tough decision for sure.

·
Just Me.
573 Posts
What ever Franco is using. 😯

·
Crash OverRide
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And so it begins

Reactions: jeosbor1

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I'll say Akrapovic...that's what I chose. The craftsmanship, welds, and the fit/finish is absolutely amazing. Makes good power too

However, Graves makes a nice exhaust as well. Can't go wrong with either.

·
Crash OverRide
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m leaning towards getting the Graves exhaust or the Akrapovic system. Never thought too much about Arrow exhaust systems, seems like a cheaper brand.
Which brand of servo eliminator is the best? Healtech? Do you really need one for the pair valve? I put the smog block off plates on the 2011 that I had with no problems with the check engine light.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2020 R1, trying to decide on which one to go with either Akrapovic, Arrow, or M4.
I have the full Graves system. My moto loves bellowing through it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Check out SC Project once. The titanium looks sweet! Be aware it’s louder than hell🏁
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
1 Posts
Austin Racing is what I have and let me tell you, nothing sounds better with that crossplane engine than the AR exhaust. It's a beastly sound! Very loud! And it produces good horse power Too! I have the short pipe.

·
Crash OverRide
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Who is a good vendor for Austin Racing? Was Motomummy for awhile but I’ve been searching and coming up with nothing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hope it's not out of line sharing this clip of the R1's little brother here, but I don't believe it is... My set-up consists of R1 titanium headers, Graves titanium EVR Type R mid-pipe (R1 spec), Graves titanium 265mm Type R end-can (R1 spec 60 mm exit diameter and R1 exhaust bracket). I don't believe the Graves headers are worth the additional cost over and above a set of used R1 titanium headers, so I went with the cheaper option and saved $750. Their EVR mid-pipe costs a lot more than any non-EVR pipe, but I believe that's money well spent because its designed to significantly lower noise levels at low RPMs. There are times when I want/need to ride quieter than what a non-EVR system would allow me to do. If you are passing through a quiet part of town and want to respect that or simply not draw unwanted attention, pick the gear that keeps RPMs around 4k and virtually no one will notice you. The valve opens all the way above 5k rpm so if you want to be heard, you'll be heard. The Graves end-cans come in 200, 265 & 330 mm lengths. I started with the 200mm but found it too loud for my liking above 5k RPM and also thought it droned a little at hwy speeds. So I tried the next size up, the 265mm, and loved it. I didn't think it could sound any better than it did when I first got it, but I was wrong. When it was due for a repack, I decided to experiment and repacked it with high-temp ceramic fiber blanket which I cut into cubes and stuffed in from one end. The sound is cleaner. lower, meatier and easier/less fatiguing on the ears, and has held up longer than the original fiberglass packing did. R1 titanium headers, Graves EVR Type R mid-pipe and 265mm can, ceramic fiber re-pack:
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the Akroprovic full titanium system on my 2020 r1 and love it. Personal preference.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts