Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kind of going towards Gorilla 8017 Motorcycle Alarm w/Pager mainly because of its pricing but have heard good things about Scorpio SR-i900 as well. I don't mind spending double the money but want a best and really worth for its money product.

Also read and heard a little bit about rLink. So now I am confused which one to go for.

I hope some of you will have proper knowledge and/or experience about them so I would really like to hear from you. Which have you preferred for what purpose:

1. Gorilla 8017 Motorcycle Alarm
2. Scorpio SR-i900
3. rLink

Having lost my 05 to fcuking thieves last year my main aim is to keep this one (an 09) safe from those ba$$tard$.
So motion sensor, tilt sensor, etc. with loud alarm I think are a must, right?

·
Oderint dum Metuant
296 Posts
I have the i900, the R link partnered with Scoprio, I forget the model number but next step up from the i900. I love mine but did consider the Gorilla. I only ended up with Scorpio because of all the good reviews...

·
Red 2007 R1
194 Posts
I have the i900, the R link partnered with Scoprio, I forget the model number but next step up from the i900. I love mine but did consider the Gorilla. I only ended up with Scorpio because of all the good reviews...
Did you ended up getting the plug and play connector? I just read a review in Amazon from a guy who said that the connector was the same as the universal one that was included with the alarm.

http://www.amazon.com/Scorpio-Factory-Connector-Kit-YAM-6/product-reviews/B002300T2E/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Oderint dum Metuant
296 Posts
Well R link has tracking, that you can do yourself. I decided it wasnt worth it because it works off cell towers and can be unreliable.

I mean as far as I can tell price is the only difference, but I wanted the peace of mind of a system proven through out many different motorcycle circles, So it was worth the extra money..

Tman- They are different. The Uni uses T taps whereas the harness just plugs inline with your taillight harness..

·
unleash the beast
8,693 Posts
i have Scorpio and i love it,one thing i really love when u have ur remote in ur pocket soneone try jack u they take ur with the remote u can shut it off!!!

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well R link has tracking, that you can do yourself. I decided it wasnt worth it because it works off cell towers and can be unreliable.

I mean as far as I can tell price is the only difference, but I wanted the peace of mind of a system proven through out many different motorcycle circles, So it was worth the extra money..

Tman- They are different. The Uni uses T taps whereas the harness just plugs inline with your taillight harness..
i have Scorpio and i love it,one thing i really love when u have ur remote in ur pocket soneone try jack u they take ur with the remote u can shut it off!!!
So it looks like i900! Was the installation easy and straight forward? Did you guys buy the optional connector kit?

·
unleash the beast
8,693 Posts
So it looks like i900! Was the installation easy and straight forward? Did you guys buy the optional connector kit?
i took it to the shop where i bought it from they install it free

·
1 beer short of a six pack
1,501 Posts
I know you are asking about alarms, but have you considered some serious heavy duty security such as Almax with a good quality ground anchor.

It's a bit heavy for lugging about with you if you take your bike to work etc, but no thieving bastid will be able to pick up your bike and throw it in a van with one of these puppies through your swingarm and wheel.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Stevie! That's definitely a good to have in addition to other alarm(s).
But looks like they don't ship to US. :( (I guess I will have to call them to find out)

Anybody know of any vendor here in US selling Almax chain?

·
R1der
4,014 Posts
ive never been the one to take something that was not the best but i guess cause i didnt have the money i went with something that fit my budget. but i guess its all the same. protection is better then nothing. but i will def see if i buy a new i will buy a i900 or better

1 - 18 of 18 Posts