Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
But…in Feb, I’ll be in San Diego. Maybe I can swing by if you’re near there? Pm me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
I also have a Harbor Freight lift. works great for the R1 and other bikes. they do have issue with some models of the pump leaking. the suggestion everyone has is to replace the oil in it with good quality jack oil first before you use it. one thing i would highly recommend for this lift is a good front wheel vise.
they do cost almost the same as the lift itself though.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
204 Posts
if I was going to use one for more than personal use it would be a handy industries lift with the atv wings. like the ones they had at the dealership I worked for.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Depends on how you look at it. Story goes, old friend worked with the dad, but he began to need care. Son calls and asks if my friend wanted his dad's bike. Friend calls me, asks if I could come over and help him get it running. Bike was a sitter and the coolant damage alone was busting out aluminum hose mounts, hoses; I mean it was in need of a lot of hours and over a grand to fix in parts alone. Friend says to me, 'take it.'

The friend was the last to drive it into the garage and parked it. Dad took it all apart to try and fix it but walked from it. Parts were missing so the son came down to get the boat. I came to see if I could find the toolkit and fairing hardware. Met the son, box was sitting in front of the boat. He says it's yours if you want it. I offered money a few times and would not take it. So I stayed and helped him for a few hours getting the boat out of the garage. Found the toolkit, no hardware yet.

Free bike, free rack. Bike has 4% leak at each corner. The chopper build goes on this rack, the free bike on the old rack.

·
Oaxaca Flocka Flame
322 Posts
But…in Feb, I’ll be in San Diego. Maybe I can swing by if you’re near there? Pm me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i live in SD. i was going to post the lift for sale here, just havent done it yet. that and a few other things i still have laying around in storage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Well I’m flying in so don’t think I can tote the lift. Got any OEM R1 parts for the 15 Gen? Need a lot of that stuff and it can fit in the checked bag

41 - 49 of 49 Posts