Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!
Looking to buy an R1 2010-2014 model.
my question is does the TCS make it a much safer bike to ride.?
I want to spend up to £9500 and there’s not a huge selection available.
I only really want the bike for road use. Does the TCS make it easier to ride or do you not notice it?
Also thinking of fitting an autoblipper and quick shifter, any brands that can be recommended?
Thank you for any advice.
Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Simon, I have a 2011 (no TC ) and only ride in dry conditions,with good sticky tyres I feel confident on exit drive to force a bit of wheel spin,however if I did ride in the wet or damp I would want TC.( especially in ‘ A ‘ mode ).

·
Registered
89 Posts
TCS all the way, peace of mind in case you blip that throttle too much. Especially if you ride on any damp roads.

I've never had it on my previous bike, but this bike has so much power, it isn't very hard to put down that rubber too quickly, it happens when you least expect it. On my gsxr 600 and 750, i don't really need it, they don't plant much power right off the line.

·
Premium Member
12,376 Posts
Been riding years without TCS. I have a 2009. It should not be a deciding factor with the 1st gen crossplane despite what others might say.

The 2009-2014 does not require much TCS or any other riders aids at all.

However, you would want to consider those on a 15+.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. If you find a decent, pre-traction control crossplane model, don't discount it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts