Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Which cars would you recommend to carry your bike to the track?

Around the 4000€/USD mark

Renault Espace....

Cheers

·
I RACE U LOSE
4,137 Posts
IMO any type of van would be best, bike is out of sight (except yours) and kept clean, dry and if big enough, space to work on it too. Also serves as a great 'base' camp for changing, sleeping/relaxing, eating and whatnot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Length and height is obvious... but give me some examples if you know about any :)

·
I RACE U LOSE
4,137 Posts
I use a full size Chevy van, not sure of what's available there though.

·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,420 Posts
IMO any type of van would be best, bike is out of sight (except yours) and kept clean, dry and if big enough, space to work on it too. Also serves as a great 'base' camp for changing, sleeping/relaxing, eating and whatnot.

Last time i advice a member to get one, another member said he wouldn't never get one cuz he would look like an illegal or a rapist person driving it. I think its the best. Because its off from public eyes. But some ppl like to drive around on their truck with the bike on it.

I also like the Ford Transit. But i'm not sure if the bike will fit :dunno

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
I just use a small pickup truck. It would be nice to have something covered (like a van), but realistically if the weather is not nice, chances are I am not going to the track anyway. I don't stay overnight or camp, so security is not much of an issue.

How about an enclosed trailer? You can pull that behind pretty much anything with a tow hitch.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I just picked up an e350 passanger van that i will be converting into a motovan. Do a google search for motovan projects, some amazing ideas.

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
37,599 Posts
I have a '97 Ford E250 cargo van I am seling. It is fully setup for hauling two motorcycles in it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have a '97 Ford E250 cargo van I am seling. It is fully setup for hauling two motorcycles in it.
If you would have put it on QCSB a few months ago i probably would have bought it.

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
37,599 Posts
If you would have put it on QCSB a few months ago i probably would have bought it.
:33:

I should put it on there, as I'm relatively close enough to you and it is the beginning of track season..

·
Registered
749 Posts
:33:

I should put it on there, as I'm relatively close enough to you and it is the beginning of track season..

I picked up a e350 already, need some warm weather to get it ready now lol.

·
Luccckkkkkeeeeey!
258 Posts
If I were you guys, I would hit up the local areas around the bases over there. When I was stationed at RAF Mildenhall, we had tons of American spec trucks and cars that would often get sold before leaving the country. If you could score a nice Ford Super Duty or van, you'd be in business!

·
Thread killer...
2,552 Posts
I just slapped a class 3 hitch on my S10 this weekend that I got off Craigslist for $50. Now I am looking for a simple trailer. Pretty much any car can pull a small trailer when they are under 1000 pounds loaded. My S10 has about 50 less horsepower than my R1 and it does just fine. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts