Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes or No? Do you like the look of white lettering on the tires. I stenciled my Dunlop's on the R1 and I think it looks sweet.

·
Really?
208 Posts
Yes, if the bike has a racing brand tire on it (Michelin, Dunlop), NO if it´s wearing Metzelers or Bridgestone or some such...

But on the whole I think it´s crap. XR3i-boy-racer kind of thing. Don´t do it!

·
Pixie Dust Spreader
330 Posts
ya I like it, did my dunlops in yellow, looks pretty cool. My friend gives my sh!t, saying now it looks like NASCAR tires, I don't care , looks more like a racer that way...........and I can still whip his ass in the twisties....

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dank said:
ya I like it, did my dunlops in yellow, looks pretty cool. My friend gives my sh!t, saying now it looks like NASCAR tires, I don't care , looks more like a racer that way...........and I can still whip his ass in the twisties....
I thought about yellow because my Champ LTD symbol is in yellow. They also have the yellow NASCAR tires you can by for your car now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
white lettering on tyres

I think white lettering on tyres looks crap. You might as well have a strip across the screen saying KEVIN&TRACY and a pair of furry dice hanging from each handlebar end.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Nah! For what? .. :D

I can cut out rubber balls and use for.. err.. no.. i have absolutely no idea what to use it for. HEHE!

·
Pixie Dust Spreader
330 Posts
What do ya all think of Mirrors and Blinkers, if ya ask me , they look like ****. its like having pearl handled pistols.....

"only a pimp in a New Orleans whorehouse would have pearl handled pistols" - General Patton

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
You can use a paint pen from any hobby shop(testers) are one of the best brands out there,I know of people that say the tire wore out before the paint came off.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Twisted Logic said:
You can use a paint pen from any hobby shop(testers) are one of the best brands out there,I know of people that say the tire wore out before the paint came off.
What is better - gloss white or flat white? Also what size pen is best? medium nib or fine??

I saw them today but didn't buy one since I wasn't sure what was best.

It pathetic having to do 'something' with my bike as it sits up on stands!!
:bs

1 - 20 of 30 Posts