Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just watching a led zeppelin dvd and of course as always am blown away by the music they created. no matter how many times i hear it or see it, that was one of the most amazing bands in history. equally amazing is that you had arguably, at their position, three of the best musicians ever; jimmy page on guitar, john paul jones on bass, and the man that in my opinion has no equal, john bonham on drums. it got me to thinking, who are some of the people in history you wish had lived and gone on to continue to greatness, instead of meeting the tragic deaths they did. here are some of mine.

music: JIMI HENDRIX, the greatest guitarest ever. creativity and shear talent that knew no bounds.
JOHN BONHAM, the greatest drummer ever. words can not describe the feelings i get when listening and seeing his mastery. no other drummer in history before or since made such an impact on a band and its sound.

politics, activism: MALCOLM X, one of the sharpest, and best orators and political minds of all time. one of the greatest examples of human, intellectual, moral and spiritual growth in recent history.
MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR, a great human being and example of the great potential of man to endure man.

who are some of your heroes and sheroes or people of great influence in your life who tragically, were not with us very long?

·
Bring X back
3,041 Posts
I would have to agree with your list and add a few.

John Lennon...A great visionary, amazing musician, and huge influence.....also who I was named after:D

Bob Marley...Cancer took him early...a great activist and musician.

Not sure really who else to add.

·
^I wish I was that pocketbike!
2,867 Posts
the only person I can think of right now (it's really late) is Princess Diana.. she was a great humanitarian and overall a very good human being who persevered through much hardship in her life but still had the strength to show compassion towards others.

RIP Princess Di :(

·
If my R6 had boobs,I'd lick'em
1,633 Posts
THE MUFFIN MAN said:
music: JIMI HENDRIX, the greatest guitarest ever. creativity and shear talent that knew no bounds.

politics, activism: MALCOLM X, one of the sharpest, and best orators and political minds of all time. one of the greatest examples of human, intellectual, moral and spiritual growth in recent history.

who are some of your heroes and sheroes or people of great influence in your life who tragically, were not with us very long?

Jimi Hendrix was awsome, I'm only 18, but love his music. Looong time ago when my old x-girlfriend came into my room she asked, "Whose the guy on the wall?" I was like :scared "You don't know who Jimi Hendrix is?!?!"

Couldn't say I liked Malcolm X though. The nation of Islam and him saying that the white man was the devil and Elijah Muhammad being a messenger of god was moronic.

Can't think of anyone Else right now.

·
G Addict
2,851 Posts
John Holmes

He made women walk funny :lol

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
john lennon would definately go on my list as well.
killershroomr6, notice in reference to malcolm i said "human, intellectual, moral, and spiritual growth."

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
goodriddance said:
Johnny Cash

Lane Frost

Curt Kobain--still think courtney killed em
johnny cash???!!! damn, how long did you want him to live???:D ;)
definately want to add layne staley to my list (alice in chains). i still can't believe he's dead. along with jimi, malcolm, martin, bonham and lennon, his death still saddens me when i think about it.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
XSuROsISX said:
Malcom X was nothing more than a black David Duke.
that comment shows just how little you know, among other things it shows. lets not turn this into a "let me rag on who people list " thread, i thought it would be fun to see who we all wish were still here to share with us, and to wonder what else they would have done in their lives had they survived.

·
G Addict
2,851 Posts
John Wayne
Pops Yoshimura
Elvis
Howard Hughes
Dale Earnhardt
John Belushi
Jimmy Hendrix
Brandon Lee
Dajiro Katoh

Just to name a few.
Damn, the list is just too long

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
here are some from just this past year.
daijiro kato, steve hislop, david jeffries, and a while ago, dale earnhart, sr.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow, you guys are coming with some good ones. i forgot about the early death of belushi and brandon lee, and what about his dad, bruce lee? i also enjoyed yule brenner and his film work.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kid Loops said:
i had "travelling riverside blues" playing when i opened this thread :)
thats one of my all time zep favs!!! i have every zep lp and even some imports. i only wish there were more live footage and recordings. i was born in 65 so i was a little young to see them as i was growing up, but once i was exposed to them as a teenager, damn, i was blown away. just as i was old enough to go to concerts bonzo died.

·
Dis Microphone Explodes
3,064 Posts
:D

yeah a great tune...

a guy i work with saw them in concert too with a chinese guy on drums who was supposedly very good. i don't think he was a well known drummer, just a talented guy who they knew. in any case, he said it was a CRAZY show! i'd love to have seen them live :)

i'm only 22, but my favorite music is the old stuff...its all from the soul, and no bullshit...

·
Banned
1,930 Posts
THE MUFFIN MAN said:
that comment shows just how little you know, among other things it shows. lets not turn this into a "let me rag on who people list " thread, i thought it would be fun to see who we all wish were still here to share with us, and to wonder what else they would have done in their lives had they survived.
Ok, then I wish Adolf Hitler was still alive, he loved his mother and had good work ethic. Jackass.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts