Votes: 43 50.6%
  • ALONE

Votes: 18 21.2%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
DAMNED HELICOPTERS !!!
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Faster guys?? well thats o.k. if they tell you where you are going wrong,give you a few tips and not just show-off. Slower guys?? how much slower?? do you get tired of waiting for them,do you give them tips or just show-off?? Guys of equal ability?? oddly enough,this is the scenario that i find the most dangerous,no matter how hard you try to control yourself,you always end up pushing the pace!! Alone??this is where you can imagine you"re ROSSI,whatever your ability,you can ride at your pace and for a few hours "live the dream"!!! unfortunately,you may also end up stranded with a mangled bike if things go wrong and have no buddy to get help. So c"mon guys, which do you prefer????

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts
Normally I enjoy riding with anybody, as long as he's not a calamari... :fact

But to answer your question, if I really have to choose, I would go with Faster or Alone... :yesnod

Cause, just like a lot of things in life, you do get better by learning from someone with better skills. And with someone Equal, sometimes you do get into arguments for stupid things. :bash

:)

·
Mushroom~Cloud Layin Mthafcka
1,750 Posts
alone, or with only a select group of about 5 guys i trust..i cant stand going out with people i dont know, only to learn the extent of their abilities as they do stupid shit in front or behind you....

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
Alone or with a small group 3-5 :)

·
Achieving Ground Superiority
120 Posts
I generally ride with three other riders. We are all veteran riders and are comfortable with each other. I'm somewhat leery of hooking up with strange (for lack of a better term) riders because I don't like surprises. When I do hook up with new guys, I stay waaay in the back and let them do their thing.

·
450 coming shortly...
7,696 Posts
It depends where the ride is:yesnod

On a regular ride,I prefer to ride with a group that's the same riding ability. If youre stuck with a group that ride flat nacker,and stupidly-it can often lead to struggling to keep up with them rushing through traffic,running red lights and makes the ride a non enjoyable one.

On the other hand,riding with riders that are alot slower can be just as much of a hastle,as youre non concerntrating on your riding,rather focussing on them making sure theyre not too far behind,and that nothing has happened:no

On the track though,I prefer to ride with a group of mates that are faster,or of the same riding ability. Its good to have a faster rider behind you to spot you around the track to pick on on turns,and areas where you can make up time and go faster:yesnod After all,on the track its all about how fast you can go:rock

Just my 0.2cents worth,
:thumbup

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
I like to ride with the faster group at the track as it makes me push myself. On the street, I prefer to ride by myself or with slower riders... I'm pretty conservative on the street...

- BA

·
WHEELIE KING-girls luvmyweiner
4,299 Posts
I'll ride with anyone...............who has a sport bike LOL

·
bananafishbones
101 Posts
cool. 1 out of 4 takes the soliloquy. so i'm not such a loser after all :vanish

for some reason i just can't find comfort with the fast pace of groups buzzing 'round on the streets.

perhaps if i was free of financial or biological responsibilities it would be much easier to just let it all hang out :rock

nope, give me a not too cold or windy day, sans leo, with just warm sunshine and sweet curves and my head in the zone :riding

·
Registered
88 Posts
i like to ride with the guy that has a hot chick on the back so I can chack out her tail.

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
Prefer to ride with people of equal ability when it comes to ridding in the streets.

·
Old, fat and slow
1,931 Posts
BKR1 said:
My answer as well ! Hell I rode with my Harley buddies yesterday !
So that would be the "faster" guys then, right?:D

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Big Daddy said:
All of the above choices.

BD
:iamwithst

Only under certain circumstances will I not want to ride with faster guys....

I've rode with dudes in the past that were recless and nuts... pulling wheelies in traffic and splitting lanes like they are running from the cops all the time...

I'm not a big fan of that.... otherwise I don't mid faster guys because I enojy trying to keep up... usually when I'm leading the pack with my group of 5-6 guys I ride with, I hear either I'm keeping a good pace or going to fast so...

slow is not my problem ....though I don't mind riding with a slow rider... I enjoy riding at any speed even if I'm crusing the local streest at 30-40

:thumbup

·
Cornering Enthusiast
1,747 Posts
I'd have to say equal or faster. I've done the 140 mph duck and weave with a pack of sport bikes and I've enjoyed the casual run through the country back roads going a little over the speed limit with some of my buds on their pumped up cruisers. I'll ride with anyone as long as they don't get stupid. If I'm riding alone I'll take a relaxing cruise around the back roads or push my bike to the max through the twisties, depends on my mood. Damn I just need to upgrade to the One.:lol :bow

1 - 20 of 27 Posts