Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Get your shinebox
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious, as I have been waitn in S. Florida now for quite some time for a silver. No word- no one knows. The dealer says that they got 1 silver since Jan and no word yet on the next batch. The dealer is pretty large. I dont want to believe that ugly rumor about them recalling or holding the bike due to a maint. prob. so I wanted to poll and see if they are being delivered or what. Hopefully it shows soon. :dunno

· R1...AND GO!!!!!!!!!!!
58 Posts
Got mine about 3 1/2 weeks ago. Unbelievalbe too. No one had a deposit on it. Last week I took it in for break-in maint. My babe is running fine so far, no problems. Got on it this weekend! 0 to the edge of the universe in the blink of an eye. Don't know about the recall. A service bulletin M2004-005 was issued to dealers. Nothing to correct. Sorry I can't give specific. There is also I bulletin sent for dealers to do a break-in on the bike before giving it to the customers, so you might see 3-7 miles on it before you get it.:fork :riding

· Banned
381 Posts
My silver came in on the 1st and I'm picking it up tomorrow if the damn weather holds. The break- in sheet is very specific btw. I checked the odometer on mine to make sure there weren't any miles before I ride it.:hellobye

· My R1 eats bugs.
64 Posts
Just got my red '04 Saturday after about three weeks of the dealer saying "it'll be here tomorrow...really!"

When you get yours, make sure they put all the bolts in. They forgot the right clip-on bolt on mine. :mad:

· Conjugal Visitor
363 Posts
Got my silver one yesterday in Louisville. They got a blue one yesterday also.

· No, you can't ride it
606 Posts
Mine came to the dealership last Thursday, I picked it up on Friday. Man it was a good weekend!:thumbup :D

· Registered
233 Posts
I still am waiting for mine. Was supposed to be in 2 weeks ago. I have also heard from a dealer who talked to a Yamaha rep that there were title problems and that it was being sorted out but thats what was causing the delay. He said all the bikes were sitting in warehouses ready to be released.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.