Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CURIOUS WHO IS LOCAL AND WHO SERVICES WHO DO YOU USE TO SERVICE YOUR R-1:fork (OR THER BIKE) .
IM LOCATED IN CHANDLER (QUEEN CREEK AND ALMA SCHOOL)
WHILE WERE @ IT WHO "NOT " TO HAVE SERVICE YOUR BIKE!!:scared

TIA

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also do most of my own work. Fluids, adjustments ect. But if I need something I don't feel comfortable doing I take mine to Extreme Yamaha on McDowell and Scottsdale road. I trust them, I have taken my '01 there for things I though were major that they found to be something simple I overlooked. They could have easily screwed me and didn't. But that's my experience, I am sure you could find bad owns.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have always serviced my own motorcycle, even built a Honda Gold Wing. I would never let a "mechanic" touch my bike.

POINT WELL TAKEN . THERE IS SURELY A LACK OF SKILL AS WELL AS PROFFESIONALISM AND ETHICS IN THIS TRANSIENT STATE "BUT" SOMETIMES I STUMBLE ACROSS A FEW GOOD "MECHANICS" AS FAR AS PLUMBERS USUALLY THEY ARE THE ONES I TRAINED(NOT BEING EGOTISTICAL BUT MY MENTOR/BOSS BACK IN THE DAY WAS A O.C.D. PAIN IN THE ASS!!
IT PAID THOUGH I LEARNED ABOUT STRIVING FOR EXELLENCE!!)

THANKS.:fork

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also do most of my own work. Fluids, adjustments ect. But if I need something I don't feel comfortable doing I take mine to Extreme Yamaha on McDowell and Scottsdale road. I trust them, I have taken my '01 there for things I though were major that they found to be something simple I overlooked. They could have easily screwed me and didn't. But that's my experience, I am sure you could find bad owns.

10-4 THANKS FOR THE INFO THERES THE POINT . THERE ARE TIMES WHEN I WANT TO PAY (BECAUSE I CAN JUST GO TO WORK AND MAKE 2,3,4 X AS MUCH "BUT" I NEED TO BE ABLE TO TRUST THEY ARE ETHICAL AND A BIT PERFECTIONIST IN THE ATTITUDE HELPS )------ YOU KNOW THE TYPE!!:fork

THANKS MUCH!!:fork

·
R1, "One Hell of an Addiction"
13,996 Posts
I have always serviced my own motorcycle, even built a Honda Gold Wing. I would never let a "mechanic" touch my bike.

The 1st street bike I owned in 1974 (Honda CBT-500) I had the service dept. work on the problem. The right cylinder was not miss firing. To make a long story short, they said they fixed the problem but did not. That was the last time my bike went to a mechanic. A shop manual and half a brain is all you need.

·
Premium Member
27,459 Posts
Me, myself and I. There are only idiots and kids working at the dealerships in AZ. :fact Although I have an old and trusted friend that owns a shop on your side of town.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.