Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· IR1 Baboon
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you guys think will dominate this year? It could be Anthony if they can keep a bike under him:lol Did you see his tire explode last year:eek: Nicky has come close, and is probably as prepared and capable as anyone. You can never count out Miguel, we saw him win when he had to be lifted on and off the bike:rock And of course, there's Mladin. (who my wife despises:lol ) Has his streak finally come to an end? Eric? Pascal on the Duck as a dark horse? Oh, and on a related note, does anyone know how Scott Russell is doing, or what his racing plans are??

· Cheating death in the "D"
21,182 Posts
Only 1 to watch.......

Gobert on the R7, only rider worth following since Yamaha & Nori Hage departed WSBK. Can't wait to see results of 2002 R1's in Formula Extreme & British Superbike!

· Registered
456 Posts
Well...........

You can never count out Mladin, and gobert would have to be considered the most gifted rider there........... My bet would be Hayden. I think the Sp2 is a better platform, Nicky's got some momentum, he's hungry, he's 20 yrs old, and would ( in my book ) be talent wise # 2 to Gobert. Watch For Jimmy Moore # 86 ( actually #1 in 750 ss ) in that race, and he finished first privateer in the 200 last season, I believe 12th overall, 2 laps down on his ss bike that was slick shod.
Jonah won't be there with Nobi for the opener in 250:( , but we are extremely interested in Sorenson, Himmelsbach, Jensen and Silveria who are all Aprilia mounted also. Man, it's just GREAT to finally be RACING again!!:yesnod :thumbup Also watch for Alan Schmidt and John Dugan in 750ss, they are a couple of friends and local fast guys.

· Registered
363 Posts
Did anyone watch the race today?

There was plenty of good racing! I wish they would have done a better job of covering the race for 2nd-3rd-4th instead of watching Hayden by himself.

Gobert looked very good at the beginning. What problems was he having with his bike?

· IR1 Baboon
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, besides having a hole poked in his neck from his 600 crash, I think he was a little down on power compared to the Hondas, and he said his rear tire was toast at the end. I hated to see Hacking snake him for 2nd, he worked awfully hard for it.....:machinegu

· "Knowing is Half the Battle"
195 Posts
Yeah guys, i missed that race - didnt know what time or what channel. But as i had posted earlier motocycledaily.com had the qualifying times but most of the riders fell and got hurt before the actual race.:confused:

I do want to see Yamaha at he Podium soon:finger

· Registered
456 Posts
Gobert

Well, yeah, Anthony was hurt:( , but the R-7, even in his hands was fortunate to get on the box. Not enough steam:mad: If you noticed in the infield section though, NOTHING turned quicker there, he was like a ginsu knife, slicing and dicing. Look for Gobert to do well at Sears point, Laguna, possibly Fontana where high top speeds and horsepower are not such a big need to do well. :yesnod

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.