Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys... I have a 98 R1 stock (cept damper and steel lines). My buddy just bought a 01' gsxr 750 (slipon pipe). Who's gonna win that race? 1/4 mile? twisties as far as the bike goes?.. Also what would be a good mod to for me to do to get the edge on him? Thanks

·
USMC/0369 1986-2008
5,662 Posts
rorlow said:
Weight reduction is the key factor, wear minimul gear, with flip-flops, tank top & shorts, you should have no problems :yesnod

:iamwithst LOL

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
:dunno

Why don't you just go out there and find out??

If you want an edge, take a performance riding course...

- BA

·
Shut up and ride
2,359 Posts
How well does he ride? Or you for that matter? Go practice your hole shot. If you can keep the front end down with the maximum amount of throttle, he can cancel it.

·
Banned
706 Posts

·
Banned
706 Posts
baer42 said:
shave your arms and legs too if you go with the flip flop and tank top.
:lol Oh, and cover yourself in Liquid Latex for reduced drag co-efficent...:2bitchsla

·
Shut up and ride
2,359 Posts
scurf69 said:
On paper, stock for stock, the R1 is faster. But its really up to the rider :yesnod
http://www.thecycleshopinc.com/bikes.cfm

Those are some surprising stats for me! Am I reading this right, the R1 is faster in the 1/4 than the ZX12 and Busa?

Looks like it is really sucking in horsepower and and top speed though:(

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
They must have had some stoned riders :lol I remember the ZX-12 having a 9.8 1/4 mile time just above the G1k's 9.7? Something like that it was very close. The rider on the R1 actually did better than the one in Motorcyclist mag. I think they had the R1 at 10.2

As for the GSXR 750 against your R1, you would be surprised how quick the 750's are. They didn't dominate for such a long time for nothing....and especially with a good rider on it. You'll just have to go out and see what happens!!! :thumbup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts