Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

221 - 240 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Like the title says, who's still riding this timeless design!? Post pics, doesn't matter the color.
I'm still Rocking the best version Imho the 1999 Yamaha YZF R1. 39k on the odometer and climbing. Have given it newer clothes to wear. But she is still my beautiful unicorn. I had wanted a 1999 R1 from the 1st time I saw 1 back in 1993 when my oldest daughter was born had a 600 back then. The lines the stance the 5valve motor with exup. I still get goosebumps lmao. Besides normal wear repairs she is mint. And still brings the front end up under hard acceleration in 1 through 3rd easily. Will post pics of her asap. Have a great day

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm still Rocking the best version Imho the 1999 Yamaha YZF R1. 39k on the odometer and climbing. Have given it newer clothes to wear. But she is still my beautiful unicorn. I had wanted a 1999 R1 from the 1st time I saw 1 back in 1993 when my oldest daughter was born had a 600 back then. The lines the stance the 5valve motor with exup. I still get goosebumps lmao. Besides normal wear repairs she is mint. And still brings the front end up under hard acceleration in 1 through 3rd easily. Will post pics of her asap. Have a great day
Cool can't wait to see the pics!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just picked up this cherry 04 with 12K miles last week!!! Haven't had much time to ride it as it just went in to the shop for tires. But the time I have on it so far, I absolutely love it!!!:cool:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just picked up this cherry 04 with 12K miles last week!!! Haven't had much time to ride it as it just went in to the shop for tires. But the time I have on it so far, I absolutely love it!!!:cool:
Johnny , I have some exhaust parts that will fit your bit they work with the stock header. Just choose which end cans you prefer , the gp cans or the the graves cans .Everything is titanium except the gp cans. All I ask is that you pay me the shipping cost back via money order. No joke bro, just let me know and we will go from there!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey, I'm definitely interested in the exhaust parts👍 Which would you recommend? This is my first Yamaha I've owned in 18 yrs. Came from Suzuki. Best descision I've made yet. I would say the Graves but if you think the GP style makes better power etc? You have to let me know? Really appreciate the offer. I ll gladly pay the shipping cost and throw extra for that my friend. Hope all is well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nice find! Best color
This is what the gp cans look like on , if you are wondering that is a custom tail section
IMG_2176.jpg
IMG_2176.jpg

Hey, I'm definitely interested in the exhaust parts👍 Which would you recommend? This is my first Yamaha I've owned in 18 yrs. Came from Suzuki. Best descision I've made yet. I would say the Graves but if you think the GP style makes better power etc? You have to let me know? Really appreciate the offer. I ll gladly pay the shipping cost and throw extra for that my friend. Hope all is well.
I couldn't tell you on that ,when I had my bike dyno with the graves it was a stock motor. And with the gp exhaust I had a built motor , that's why I am getting rid of them , I need a full race exhaust system to get the full potential of my new motor, and I am modifying a full exhaust system to be a side exhaust not under tail. They are probably so close in performance that unless you are racing and ever once of power matters, then it doesn't matter!
To be honest I like the looks of the gp cans but I am not sure how they look with a stock tailsection.

So I may not be able to send till I get the shipping back from another forum brother which I going to send his parts either this friday 5/15/20 or sat , depends on work! So please be patient which ever one's you want is yours guaranteed!
I will get your shipping info the day before I ship the exhaust. Stay safe bro and your bike !

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is what the gp cans look like on , if you are wondering that is a custom tail section View attachment 1012662 View attachment 1012662 View attachment 1012662

I couldn't tell you on that ,when I had my bike dyno with the graves it was a stock motor. And with the gp exhaust I had a built motor , that's why I am getting rid of them , I need a full race exhaust system to get the full potential of my new motor, and I am modifying a full exhaust system to be a side exhaust not under tail. They are probably so close in performance that unless you are racing and ever once of power matters, then it doesn't matter!
To be honest I like the looks of the gp cans but I am not sure how they look with a stock tailsection.

So I may not be able to send till I get the shipping back from another forum brother which I going to send his parts either this friday 5/15/20 or sat , depends on work! So please be patient which ever one's you want is yours guaranteed!
I will get your shipping info the day before I ship the exhaust. Stay safe bro and your bike !
Sounds great my friend. I will go with The Graves then. I will gladly take care of you also and definitely make it worth your while. I really appreciate it. Just let me know when you need my info. Stay safe as well Rubber side down....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sounds great my friend. I will go with The Graves then. I will gladly take care of you also and definitely make it worth your while. I really appreciate it. Just let me know when you need my info. Stay safe as well Rubber side down....
Hey Johnnyblaze2004,
Just letting you know I haven't forgotten bro, I just text BournR1 for his info , I will be shipping his stuff on Saturday so as soon as I get the shipping paid back I will send your stuff. Stay safe and enjoy the rides!

221 - 240 of 261 Posts