Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

261 - 274 of 274 Posts

·
355 Posts
Because thats its limit , your bike won't do 200mph stock.
I liked and appreciate your reply

not being cocky, but today, on windless day, I got to 189 and tach was below redline. I held it for as long as I could, but never got to 190. twice ! thanks again

·
Registered
127 Posts

not being cocky, but today, on windless day, I got to 189 and tach was below redline. I held it for as long as I could, but never got to 190. twice ! thanks again
Your welcome bro, hopefully you will achieve your top end speed goal! 200 mph is very hard to achieve without engine mods or a really long strip like the salt flats and special bodywork to make the bike more aerodynamic. I have a built engine , but my rush comes for taking corners. Good luck bro and keep chasing your goals🏍👍

·
Oldschool Rider
278 Posts

Another way to achieve 200 mph is change your sprocket gear ratio, make sure you get a pic or it didn’t happen.

·
Horsepower whisperer
1,403 Posts
I have a question about this generation.
Anyone have any real world experience with the comfort of these compared to the '02/03 gen?
I LOVE the '02/03 ergos. But I wouldn't be against stepping up to a '04-'06 one day.

I tried finding the actual rider triangles that show the dimensions on the internet but failed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Anyone have any real world experience with the comfort of these compared to the '02/03 gen?
I LOVE the '02/03 ergos. But I wouldn't be against stepping up to a '04-'06 one day.

I tried finding the actual rider triangles that show the dimensions on the internet but failed.
I have never ridden an 02-03 , but if you get a 04-06 you can always change the ergos via adjustable rearsets and different clip-ons ( risers ) or whatever your preference . Sorry I wasn't much help!

·
Oldschool Rider
278 Posts

I had both 02 and 06 R1. 02 R1 feels more straddle and upright in the rider seat and 06 feels higher and forward leaning position in the rider seat. 06 R1 has more room in the cockpit and suitable for aggressive ridding style and faster side to side transition. 02 is more neutral and comfortable for long rides. The 2 models are different riding experience or me.

·
Horsepower whisperer
1,403 Posts
I had both 02 and 06 R1. 02 R1 feels more straddle and upright in the rider seat and 06 feels higher and forward leaning position in the rider seat. 06 R1 has more room in the cockpit and suitable for aggressive ridding style and faster side to side transition. 02 is more neutral and comfortable for long rides. The 2 models are different riding experience or me.
Thanks. Perfect feedback.
Yeah I have done many long trips on the '02/'03 models. Still my fave. 😎

·
355 Posts
Anyone have any real world experience with the COMFORT of these compared to the '02/03 gen?
the next generation (04-07) has more power, so different class now.

the 2003 honda cbr 954rr ended that generation (but extra good power/weight ratio); 2004 came the 998 or 1000cc engine. they copy each other ??

·
355 Posts
Another way to achieve 200 mph is change your sprocket gear ratio, make sure you get a pic or it didn’t happen.
:) thanks; I won't do that because it will slow my first gear, but I will change chain and sprockets to lighter weight; how much more top speed could I get with that ?

also, when the poster Getsome said he likes cornering I gonna do that too now; was good idea for me to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 05 R1 was stolen and for some reason the signal lights don’t work. I don’t get any blinking on my cluster gauge and I’m not sure if it’s the relay or fuse. I don’t have much time to diagnose the problem so any help would be appreciated. I’ll have to take everything apart and asses the damage but wanted to get some advice as to what the issue could be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

261 - 274 of 274 Posts