Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

141 - 160 of 284 Posts

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,347 Posts
Gilles but the older type but better looking :smile2:
You can still get them but not sure if you can get them in gold.they are the Gilles KTS, I have them In black and am replacing them with Gilles TCA adjusters in gold. I like the transmission style of adjustment on the TCA adjusters. So cool.

·
R1SP only the best will do
2,648 Posts
You can still get them but not sure if you can get them in gold.they are the Gilles KTS, I have them In black and am replacing them with Gilles TCA adjusters in gold. I like the transmission style of adjustment on the TCA adjusters. So cool.
If you can still get them then you can have them anodised in gold, as I said I still like the look of these or the LighTech ones.

·
I'm an Englishman in WI.
33,698 Posts
Where are you seeing them still available?
Are you selling your black ones?

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,347 Posts
Actually I’m not seeing them now so I stand corrected. I thought op racing had them but I’m not seeing any now. Not sure what I’m going to do with the KTS set I have yet. When I bought the bike it came with the Gilles KTS adjusters with gp spool mounts on them even. But the adjuster indicator numbers are different on one side vs the other which makes getting the rear wheel alignment a bit challenging. Of all of the kts adjusters I’ve seen they seem to have different styles of indicator numbers on them which is all good as long as you have the same style on both sides. I’m assuming one of my 2 was replaced at one point or perhaps they was purchased that way,I have no idea. I would sell them I guess.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I don’t have her any more, my 5vy was my first R1, fell in love with that model at the 2003 UK bike show, it was a toss up between the blade (up to this point I was Honda through and through ) ...,

But I just fell in love with the R1... head said buy the blade... Honda build quality and all that... heart said get the R1... well my heart wine out... got a new lava red 5vy. Why oh why didn’t I move to the Yamaha fold earlier....

In a little under three years we covered over 65,000 miles together... only issue was the TPS... we did track days, daily commute all year irrespective of weather, riding the twistes in the hills and long distance mile munching from Lancashire to my parents in Cornwall, 370 miles in a Friday after work and if I was lucky I could get a couple of hours surfing in when I got there...

This is her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

141 - 160 of 284 Posts