Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
AB my AI
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
why?

I can't figure out why people here in SOCAL pay a hefty price on a 04 yamaha r1? here's a secret, wait a few months and i guarantee you all that the price will drop:jump i also guarantee that people who purchased their r1's now, will not be a happy camper as soon as new prices come out in the next few months. you'll be hearing this in a few months: 'i purchased mine for $10,500, or $10,000, or maybe even $9,999 OTD.:rock disregard this message if your wealthy :bow

RIDE SAFE:hellobye

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
meanwhile they get to ride and enjoy their bikes for the few months that those who wait do not....................

·
10,685 Posts
besides, if they pay cash, and someone who waits finances the bike, who really paid more.........

·
Registered
357 Posts
Quit your whinning!

I pay what I'm comfortable paying. If I'm happy with the price, that's all that is really significant. Am I wealthy, nope.

Did I get an AWESOME good deal (in SoCAL), yup. Do I want to tell numbers, NOPE. It's all relative. Numbers really don't mean squat since everybody's idea of OTD is different.

Did I get a better deal than you? perhaps, but it really don't matter now does it?

.....BUT I am enjoying my 04 R1, are you?
RED one too! hehehe

Tarl

·
AB my AI
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
R1Budha said:
besides, if they pay cash, and someone who waits finances the bike, who really paid more.........
no, no i mean if you finance now, you'll end up financing $13,000, but if you finance later it'll only be $10,000. if you pay cash later, it'll be $9,500.

about that ride now thing, more power to you:boobies

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,538 Posts
cash or finance, the dealerships will get their cash. The guy who walks into the dealership with with a check from his finance company will get the same treatment as the guy who walks in with a personal check (cash)! :fact

·
AB my AI
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tarl said:
Quit your whinning!

I pay what I'm comfortable paying. If I'm happy with the price, that's all that is really significant. Am I wealthy, nope.

Did I get an AWESOME good deal (in SoCAL), yup. Do I want to tell numbers, NOPE. It's all relative. Numbers really don't mean squat since everybody's idea of OTD is different.

Did I get a better deal than you? perhaps, but it really don't matter now does it?

.....BUT I am enjoying my 04 R1, are you?
RED one too! hehehe

Tarl
hey t, i'ts not called whinning, but preaching. i'm happy to hear your enjoying your ride!:riding

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanx for the news flash justforfun! :crash Because all of us that bought the new R1 didnt realize they would be lowering prices in a couple months.

Did you also know that when a next years model is going to release soon they also give u an even better price? You probably didnt because its a big secret like the one u just told us.:bash

You have an 04' also, did you pay $9,999 OTD? If not then STFU:butt

See ya later buddy:hellobye

·
10,685 Posts
R1Fanatic said:
cash or finance, the dealerships will get their cash. The guy who walks into the dealership with with a check from his finance company will get the same treatment as the guy who walks in with a personal check (cash)! :fact
I'm not talking about what you pay the dealership, i'm talking about what you pay total.
If i walk in with $10K cash and buy a bike, and you walk in wit ha $10K check from a finance company, you will pay more for your bike. Interest will add to your total cost, but not to mine.
That is what i was pointing out. Sorry for any confusion.

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,538 Posts
R1Budha said:
I'm not talking about what you pay the dealership, i'm talking about what you pay total.
If i walk in with $10K cash and buy a bike, and you walk in wit ha $10K check from a finance company, you will pay more for your bike. Interest will add to your total cost, but not to mine.
That is what i was pointing out. Sorry for any confusion.
oh, ok :hellobye

·
Registered
347 Posts
Didn't you know...

The 04 R1 is sold out. If you're not on a wait list already then you're SOL.

Oh...Today was a perfect day for a ride up Ortega Hwy. The new R1 felt right at home. Can't wait to get on the track next week for the WERA West season opener.

·
10,685 Posts
jamesvb said:
Didn't you know...

:lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yo James! Yea, Sat and Sun were AWESOME SoCA days!! I was so depressed to be working, but hey, I'll get some miles on it this week.

Have fun at the races man!!

Tarl

·
ShInYSiDe <VS> RuBBeRSiDe
1,334 Posts
jamesvb said:
Didn't you know...

Exactly.. I want you to try to FIND one of these bikes in three months... Nope.. I'm willing to bet that they will be NON EXISTENT... There are guys all over TRYING to find one.. Again... NOPE...

There JusT WONT BE ANY this year after the orders come in.. and the ones that do come in.. Will be spoken for. Gonna be next to impossible to walk into a dealership.. and just .. "take that one"

I wish you all luck.. deal seekers.:lol

·
Registered
326 Posts
justforfun said:
I can't figure out why people here in SOCAL pay a hefty price on a 04 yamaha r1? here's a secret, wait a few months and i guarantee you all that the price will drop:jump i also guarantee that people who purchased their r1's now, will not be a happy camper as soon as new prices come out in the next few months. you'll be hearing this in a few months: 'i purchased mine for $10,500, or $10,000, or maybe even $9,999 OTD.:rock disregard this message if your wealthy :bow

RIDE SAFE:hellobye

:no

What role do you play in life that you can guarantee this?? if you're wrong will you come thru with your guarantee?? Most items do drop in $$ if you wait, that's the choice people make.

Later

·
AB my AI
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hello fellow riders, when i purchased my bike the dealer told me this and i don't know if they will be out by the summer. oh by the way, i picked up an 04 silver for $11,200 otd cash...no bs. maybe one day we socal peeps could meet up and talk about our R1s:cool:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts