Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
A Proud Daddy of Twins
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Serious, simple question peeps: Can anyone hear tell me why I should not buy a F4i? I am in the market and I am really torn as to which bike to get, the R6 or F4i....I have read and research all of the mags, websites, etc on both bikes and I am still undecided....

:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
The R6 what I know is a lot more race'y.. the F4i is more ment for cruising.

If you're a person that wanna look bad ass and rocket down the streets of your town.. looking you're you're the king of speed .. or wheelie / trick.. I'd say go for the R6.

I'd buy the F4i if I'd use it daily to cruise to work .. but also some time let it spin wildly in some twisties...
But lookout as the R6 comes past you!

Still the F4i will wheelie if you want it to.. but leave that for the R6. ;)

·
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
83 Posts
Hmm....let me think about this!

Hello,
Ive never owned a F4 or a R6! But.....I have owned a F2 and an F3. I know the F4's are improved, but they dont feel anything like the R6 does. A few of my friends own R6's and I personally love them(since when I was bikeless, I would borrow them for days at a time). I can honestly say that I have never had any problems with the Honda Bikes, unlike the Ninja's Ive owned. But I really think you'll like the R6 better. I like it so much that I almost bought one when looking for my R1. And maybe its me, or Im not use to the R1, but I can wheelie alot better on the R6 compared to the R1 or other bikes Ive owned!
Hope this helps!
Regards
Shawn

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
It sounds to me like you are just torn between the two so do this figure out the kind of riding you want to do then go back and forth from Yamaha site to Hondas site and see which will do what you want. If it seems both will go for looks,which one turns you on more?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts