Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Some articles say the R1 will be a track only bike - like the R6 now, which is now only available for track use. I hope not!!! and that they will make it even cooler and more advanced !!!!! Apparently and sadly sales of these 1000 bikes are tanking and companies losing money so are turning to more mass, adventure bikes, electric, etc. I still love 1000 cc like the R1. Will drive an electric car but NOT an electric motorcycle! Give me something that feels alive!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Apparently Yamaha registered a new R1 for FIM. So a racing only R1 is coming. It remains to be seen if that means a new road model for 2023. The going theory is it would have the seamless clutch aka manualized dual clutch transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Some articles say the R1 will be a track only bike - like the R6 now, which is now only available for track use. I hope not!!! and that they will make it even cooler and more advanced !!!!! Apparently and sadly sales of these 1000 bikes are tanking and companies losing money so are turning to more mass, adventure bikes, electric, etc. I still love 1000 cc like the R1. Will drive an electric car but NOT an electric motorcycle! Give me something that feels alive!
A lot of people asked why BMW doesn’t make a 600, and their response was, it cost exactly the same about to build a 600 as it does to build a 1,000, so we build a 1000 to make more money.

Yamaha didn’t need the R6, but it killing both the R1 and R6 would be difficult. Should be interesting to see what they do.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would buy an R1/R10 with slightly raised clipons and an MT10 tuned CP4 engine over an R9.

I’m wondering if the street R1 will be dropped with the R9 being for the street and R1 going to track only.
Maybe I'm getting old, but on the street, a 200mph top speed is absurd.
I can't even remember the last time I did a really high speed run.
The real fun, is in the 60 mph to 140mph range..I spent 90% of
my time on the rural back roads in Vermont, at 70-100mph.
85 is the R1's sweet spot.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would buy an R1/R10 with slightly raised clipons and an MT10 tuned CP4 engine over an R9.

I’m wondering if the street R1 will be dropped with the R9 being for the street and R1 going to track only.
I love the R1 seating posture though. Iit's easy to raise the bars if you like though,
aftermarket. Much more difficult to LOWER the MT-10 bars/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts