Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to pick this unit up at a reasonable price and the Penske website just tells you to call the dealer, it gives no fitment info. I believe it would be the same unit from 99-01. Can anyone confirm? Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I actually don't know the model number at this point, but I do know it retails for around $770. It's definitely not the top of the line which retails for $1100+, but I'm sure it would be a huge improvement over stock. I also have a friend with a used Fox unit also from a 99. I could get that very cheap. Do you know if they are any good?

·
Action figure sold separately
12,213 Posts
Fox can be very good, I would rather have the Penske. I got mine used for arounfd 650 in good condition. SOmetimes they come up for sale on the forum or in Ebay. I was waiting and watching for a while before I found it for sale. Might want to get the Fox on the cheap, use it and see how you like it, and if the Penske shows up used and for sale in good condition, go for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could probably get the Fox for maybe $100-200. I have my eye on a Penske that could be $200-300 and that's a deal. I'll have it figured out in a couple days. Thanks for the help. I just picked up my 2001 R1 3 weeks ago and I am trying to get it all sorted out. It's very clean though. I have been riding 600s for 11 years and I'm loving this thing so far!

·
see you at the races and ride
3,906 Posts
if you need a shock in the interim while you decide on a top shelf one you can fit a stock 02-03 unit as it is lighter,has a stiffer spring and a wider adjustment range. About 25$ on ebay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts