Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my friends
I have crashed a few days ago, and my dash exploded... Its un repairable.
The dash for 12-14 (with TCS), its almost impossible to get it here.
Will work a 09-11 dash on my bike? At least to check Speed/Temp/Modes., i dont care about TCS because its always full by default when you turn it on and that's how i use it always.
thanks for your time

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,796 Posts
I stand corrected. I thought it would throw a code, I guess not.

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,796 Posts
No error messages?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Modes worked correctly. I never tested if flicking the switch did anything to the way the bike rode, but given that all that the dash does is display info, your tcs controls will still work. I didnt have any error codes or check engine lights on either.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Modes worked correctly. I never tested if flicking the switch did anything to the way the bike rode, but given that all that the dash does is display info, your tcs controls will still work. I didnt have any error codes or check engine lights on either.
okey, hope it works on mine...
Here they are asking me U$S 500 for the 12-14 model, while only U$S for the 09-11...really big difference

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what happened that you changed it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I rebuilt a lot of r1s as a hobby. I had components/part lying around and decided to put a bike out of them. Ended up liking the build a lot and kept it that way.
ok!!! I take your words and going for the 09-11 instrumental since its 300 bucks cheaper...
when i get it i will tell show you how it looks like in my bike
thanks for your help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts