Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will an extended swingarm change the height of the bike any? I'm 5'1 got the bike lowered still barely touch but need a extended swingarm for racing

·
Registered
283 Posts
depending on the length of the stretch it can. When i had my 8in extended arm i wanna say my bike was around an inch lower at minimum

·
Registered
283 Posts
yea it should sag a little more than where its at...have you tried lowering the front forks inside the triples?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't done that yet because it sits level with the lowering kit that's on it. So I'm assuming someone has put a lowering kit in the forks

·
Registered
283 Posts
most people raise the forks in the clamps but can only go so far doing so. If its a dedicated drag bike you can get different springs. You can also use a strap kit to strap the front end down to help reduce the chance of the front end coming up.

·
Newer doesn't mean faster
51 Posts
If bike is strictly drag bike you can swap the positions of your bars to be on top of your triple clamp this allows you to slide your forks even further through your clamps. You will probabally get some knowalls tell you that this will effect your handling making it dangerous. if you install a rear lowering link as well and lower the ass by the same amount you wont have any issues. i will send pics to show you what i mean. i have been running this configuration for hundreds of runs including a flying 1/4 where speeds of over 280km were achieved with no handling issues. also acheived a 9.43 standing 1/4 last meeting. I would be interested to know how your times and speeds are going and would be happy to help you get into the 9s if you are not already there.

·
51 Posts
As for the swing arm extentions i used a kit that gave 6-9 inches. I run i at around 8 to allow for chain adjustment. with a Shenko hookup rear tire it still wheelstands if i launch at anymore than 7200 Rpm

·
51 Posts
Pics as promised

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just took my swingarm extensions off of my bike and the bike now sits about 1/2" to 1" lower than with the extensions

1 - 11 of 11 Posts