Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes the tallest and widest screen for the 2002 R1? Prices, Pics, Where to purchace, etc. would be be extremely helpful! :)

At this point, aesthetics are secondary. I need a screen that offers the most wind protection while in full tuck!

Thanks!

Rene'

·
Convention main man
13,730 Posts
Ask GXRKLR, he just got a touring windscreen of some kind and says it really does the job. Do you not still have the PB double bubble? Or is it too small?

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
I like the Power Bronze Air Flow(double bubble) It is nice and thick and it made very well. The clear screens I have heard that go on the Honda...have had problems with melting guages with the sun shining through the screen acting like a magnifying glass. I have a blue colored one...and have not had any problems with it.

Attachments

·
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gawarrior said:
Ask GXRKLR, he just got a touring windscreen of some kind and says it really does the job. Do you not still have the PB double bubble? Or is it too small?
Yeah, I still have the PB double bubble. I really like the fit and finish of the PB, but I'd like to have a screen that's a little bigger. I'll ask GXRKLR about his touring screen. That may be just what I'm looking for.
On the R1, the double bubble just isn't enough, IMO

·
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Gixxer_Man, but I already have the Power Bronze double bubble. The fit and finish on the PB's are great, and they do offer a certain amount of wind protection. However, I'd like to have a little more....

·
Beeeeeer!
9,540 Posts
I got mine from Zero Gravity. Check out thier site, they have a pic with all 3 screens in to compare by. In this cold weather my face no longer gets cold with it. clicky
Here is a pic from the side to see the profile.

Attachments

·
OG Moderator
995 Posts
I took KneeDraggers advice and went clear for the track.

Attachments

·
Beeeeeer!
9,540 Posts
I also got clear. I'll try and get some pics in the next couple of day's. It's usually dark by the time I get home.

·
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GXRKLR said:
I got mine from Zero Gravity. Check out thier site, they have a pic with all 3 screens in to compare by. In this cold weather my face no longer gets cold with it. clicky
Here is a pic from the side to see the profile.
Thanks GXRKLR!! Just what I was looking for!

Oh, and 45, thanks for posting your pic. I may go with a clear shield as well. I guess it wouldn't make much sense to get a taller screen, and not be able to see out of it! :crash

You guys are the best!

:hellobye

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,068 Posts
R1Fanatic said:
Who makes the tallest and widest screen for the 2002 R1? Prices, Pics, Where to purchace, etc. would be be extremely helpful! :)

At this point, aesthetics are secondary. I need a screen that offers the most wind protection while in full tuck!

Thanks!

Rene'
Rene, the one you need to look at is the Magical Racing Stepped Screen, it has the widest/tallest bubble out there. I personally had 2 of them, for aero you can't beat them. The only reason I sold them is because they changed the lines of the bike so dramatically. Other than that the fit & build quality is impeccable, and the CF surround really helps concentrating on the gages :thumbup

Attachments

·
Always maintain ONE point
989 Posts
I got the one off of Yamaha Europe's site, made my MRA. Way better than the Power Bronze I had on it before in terms of fit, finish, and especially wind protection. I'd highly recommend it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts