Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Raven
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
k so my battery is actually good haha but for everyone wanting to put a radar detector on go with the valentine one cuz its the best and it come with everything you need and when you install it jus go straight out of the battery you dont want to mess with any of the wiring anf it works great no worrying about getting caught on radar by the police!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
how do you guys hear the thing? i'm hardly looking down at my speedo when i'm speeding, always keeping a constant eye on the road at those speeds. i don't look down, so i won't be able to know if my arrows are going off, plus highway wind kind of blocks out the beeps.

anybody have a solution besides the headphone jack from the radar, don't like having ear buds in my ears and for some reason it doesn't stay in right when i have my helmet on. so that ruled out music for me too....

·
Registered
169 Posts
they make radar detectors for motorcycles, and they have a small light that goes inside the visor on the helmet so you can see when your radar is going off. Also the chatterbox's have a sound imput for radar also I believe.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Has anyone tried out the radar screamer? I just wired up a valentine one to my bike and customized me a stand for it. The only problem with it is that I can hear the beeping and I don't always look at the lights. I have seen the lights that go in the helmet but I was just looking for something to boost the sound when I am going faster than I should be.

·
Adrenaline Junkie
814 Posts
I was brainstorming about installing a V1 on my bike and the problem of seeing/hearing it.

My best idea so far is to mount the concealed display unit at the top of the underside of the windscreen, I thought that (especialy with a double bubble) it would be within sight so that the arrows would grab your attention when they lit up. Plus then you could mount the unit itself in the most ideal position and not worry about maiking the face visible.

Good idea?

·
R190-`Tyre Fryer`
2,683 Posts
wire a digital output to a NOS solenoid thats hooked into a purge system? Shouldnt be hard to place the nozzle somewhere where you can see it gassing out.

·
Top Out R1 190 mph
153 Posts
I'm thinking a head of time for some things which I will need to install V1 on my bike. Here is the following wire for V1 i'm looking at.

"DIRECT HARD-WIRE CABLE WITH FLAT SMART MUTE BUTTON " for V1 power.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VALENTINE-ONE-w-MUTE-1-V1-Radar-Direct-Hard-POWER-CABLE_W0QQitemZ220362212773QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Electronics_Installation?hash=item220362212773&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

I think I will be able to install the wire but i'm not sure where to install the "Ground Connector" on the bike?

Any suggestions/help will be appreciated.

·
GET OUT!
4,886 Posts
You can buy the hard wire cable with the smart button or you can just hack up a phone cable and hide it nicely like I did. I used a black one so I blends in with the frame and whatnot. Idk about the V1, but on my 8500 x50 it has a mute button on the front, so that cable with mute button is kinda pointless. And I got the detector mounted on a stem stand. Just make sure to wire in a fuse and you'll be set!

·
Trackpipe addict
128 Posts
I have to suggest the new Bel STi Driver detector. After owning a V1 for 10+ years the Bel is by far the best detector I have ever used! Not only will it tell you when there is a threat but it also gives you the exact frequency of that threat so you can determine what it is. You can also lock out certain known frequencies that are trash as well as turn x-band off altogether.

It is made in a magnesium case, comes with a hardwire kit and amplified speaker that you WILL HEAR IN YOUR HELMET with a Jardine exhaust! The hardwire kit and the cigarette lighter plug both have heads-up LEDs and a multifunction/mute button. It is also far less bulky and with a much more secure mount than a V1.

I found the best price was at the Pilot Truck Stops as they sell this detector since it is UNDETECTABLE by any current radar detector detector system being used by the cops. That's good news for Virginia riders.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.