Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
I Rail Often
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Picked it up today and holy shietzah I can't wait to ride...it was 37 degrees and drizzle most of the day today...forecast is calling for snow this weekend. Soon enough though soon enough.

So far, took the huge mud flap off, took off heat shield from right side of mid pipe, took off rear pegs and removed all stickers and reflectors and added Yamaha swingarm spools. 520 with stock gearing will be here soon; RRP and DID.

What other kick arse mods are you guys doin to these beautiful machines?

·
Registered
141 Posts
My Graves fender eliminator arrived today (but my bike isn't here yet). I was wondering how hard it is to remove the stock rear fender and turn signals? Are they pretty easy to get at?

I am sure you are excited about your bike, have fun!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Nice looking bike, I was wondering who all was gonna strip all the decals on their 04's, as I'm planning to do it on mine.

·
I Rail Often
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Texas Boy said:
My Graves fender eliminator arrived today (but my bike isn't here yet). I was wondering how hard it is to remove the stock rear fender and turn signals? Are they pretty easy to get at?

I am sure you are excited about your bike, have fun!

Jeff
It's extremely easy, it's like they know you're going to rip it right off, so they made it easy.

Lift the rear seat, take out tool bag, remove four bolts and drop down fender to expose four wires. They have connectors...disconnect and ur free....tuck wires back up in hole...use a grommet maybe and ur done.

·
mmmm. excellent.
1,325 Posts
congrats! BTW Matt, your garage is "queer eye" clean :lol

·
04 R1......Enjoy the ride!
472 Posts
What are you going to use to replace your signals, and where will you put them? Bike looks awesome by the way. My blue 04 should be here, I mean better be here any day now!!!!!

·
ShInYSiDe <VS> RuBBeRSiDe
1,334 Posts
the "Group Buy" thing?? I dont think it's going to FLY.. BUT .. if you want to try to start one.. I'm in.

·
^I wish I was that pocketbike!
2,867 Posts
congrats Mr. Sensitive!!! :jump Good to see a fellow Madisonian finally getting their '04!! :rock Not too much longer and the nice weather should be rolling in soon :riding :fork

·
I Rail Often
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MegatronR1 said:
congrats Mr. Sensitive!!! :jump Good to see a fellow Madisonian finally getting their '04!! :rock Not too much longer and the nice weather should be rolling in soon :riding :fork
Dood, what's up? Got a pic of ur bike...looks like its modded up pretty good? U ride out west of here at all? or mainly in town?

Thanks to all for the congrats on the bike....all I can do is listen to it!

·
^I wish I was that pocketbike!
2,867 Posts
Mr. Sensitive said:
Dood, what's up? Got a pic of ur bike...looks like its modded up pretty good? U ride out west of here at all? or mainly in town?

Thanks to all for the congrats on the bike....all I can do is listen to it!

during the week I just ride to work and back, but during the weekends I'll go backroad bombing wherever.. if you wanna hook up a ride this summer lemme know by PM or e-mail.. here's the bike, she's not an '04 but she's awesome enough for me:

·
ShInYSiDe <VS> RuBBeRSiDe
1,334 Posts
that's 3 so far.. WHO ELSE??

·
Una Caterva, Una Pugna
34,147 Posts
The more I see that bike the more I love it.

·
Get-R-Done
232 Posts
Nice bike! I had a feeling that your bike would be coming in soon. Where did you get that from? I couldnt quit read the sticker on the back. Can't wait for spring!!!:rock

·
Registered
91 Posts
My Opinion, Blue looks the best.. I also heard The Blue 04 R1's have 4.5 more hp than the other 2 colors:thumbup :riding

1 - 20 of 51 Posts