Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mike
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been workin more and more on my slow stuff lately.

I clutch up slow wheelys at like 10mph standing with my left foot on the rear peg, but it is so ackward and it is so slow I feel like im gonna fall over sideways.

Does it absolutely need to be at almost 12 oclock, with the use of the rear brake to balance it?

The thing duck walks and I feel like im gonna be face down before i know what to do.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
10mph when you come up? what speed when you balance out?

drop your rear tire pressure to 20psi and see if it feels better. then try 10psi.

running 30+ in the rear for slow stuff and the wobbles come on instantly..

·
Mike
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10 is too fast I take it? I suppose slower, like crawl speed? I await your DVD adam, and maybe I can learn from that. I will try lower tire pressure.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
naw, 10mph is slow as hell for an R1 haha

if you want to do 12's and shit, you need to be going about 5mph or less when you clutch up.. literally crawling, so you'll only be doing 10mph or so when you hit the balancepoint.

our DVD anatomy of a wheelie section really only touches on basic technique.. we don't get into advance stuff like tire pressure and clutching at super slow speed, rear brake control, etc.. because that's not what it was meant to do. i wanted the anatomy to basically be a video version of what i have to post everytime someone asks "how do i do a wheelie?" or "how do i do a stoppie?" ..now they can watch that, see slow motion video of my hands moving on the brake or throttle, and hear me talking about what techniques i started out using, and why.

we're gonna buy a 900RR soon, maybe i'll document the process on it, for 12's etc.

·
Mike
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, definetly looking forward to the end of the month and the vid. In the mean time, im gonna keep practicin! Hey, am i gonna be able to get a red shirt as requested? Could it possibly be the felony evasion shirt? If ya cant, its no biggy, just thought id ask. Thanks, later

·
My R1 just Chills out
182 Posts
now why do you have to be like everyone else and get a RR for 12vin? Come on ... The R1 being a superbad stunt bike is mostly in peoples' heads. Watch Jon JOn and the Boyz ...One of his boys rocks a R1 NO PROBLEM and it looks so pimp! By the way , Good luck with the video ..I hope to check it out soon:bow

·
Registered
351 Posts
haha i am the king of the apex 12 oclock, so just keep your eye on me and apexstunts, as well as dietrying from my crew and stunnin 650

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
CR500 said:
haha i am the king of the apex 12 oclock, so just keep your eye on me and apexstunts, as well as dietrying from my crew and stunnin 650
king for now, mister "i got a cheater bike" hahahaha... i'm commin for dat ass mikey.

ima be doin no handed coasters n shit dawg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts