Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Banned
669 Posts
extrakt0r said:
I don't know about the "Wolf" Brand, but alot of by Racing Buddies use MotoGP Kangaroo Leathers and they have crash them alot and they all have held up very well...

However, the fastest crash test was only done at 55, so I can't say how the Kangroo Leathers will hold up on a high-speed slide...

I slide for about 200 feet starting at about 110 MPH down to 0 MPG :) in my RS Taichi's this season at Gingerman and they held up perfectly...No issues at all with them...

The main thing with Kangroo is that it comes in physically smaller pieces than traditional leather (Roo's are Smaller than Cows) so stiching is very, very important with Roo Leathers, perhaps more so than Traditional Leathers....

As long as the stiching is good, you should be good to go...
Roo leather may be smaller hide, but, thats what makes it better! It has more abrasive resistance than a cow-hide. It may be thinner but it makes up for it in abrasive-resistance. And like you said stiching is one of the most important, if not THE when it comes to picking a suit.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.