Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
I tried to invite two female friends. One said "I can't speak proper English" and the other said .. h mm. Just relized that I actually never asked her to register. Darn! I'll do that. Thanks for the post!

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
One is registered and ready to post.. but she wanted to read through all posts first and see what kind of people there are here. So be kind and she'll come. :p

She's already registered under the name Kathleen. She owns a Ducati. I'll let her tell the rest :D

·
Resident Joker
44 Posts
Come on over ladies, we'll treat ya with respect. Especially if you own an R1, cuz you could probably outride all of us!:D

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
Yes to women riders on here....

No to the Ducati, and I doubt it to ouriding ya! But... maybe. ;) I'm going to LOOK at Ducati's this weekend. Today as a matter of fact. Expensive to buy, expensive to own. So I don't know yet... After reading ALOT of the posts on here the R-1 is holding more and more appeal. Winter is coming soon and I want to get out before it snows and get a chance to ride. Preferably up to the northeast, around Vermont and Maine.
So thanks for the show of respect, R1_Jockey. Not so easy to find all the time for women riders. :) If you wanna see just who this one is, go into general discussions and look under the thread of "pictures of members." You'll find me there! I'm going to keep reading up on all the great information on here which will be of help in my making a decision, I'm sure.

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
:D WELCOME :D
Just to let you know I sold my Ducati not long ago,it was very uncomfortable for the street and you can't have as much fun because the price tag is always in the back of your head. My 0.02

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
Thanks....

for the welcome. I appreciate it. I've ridden a Ducati on the track a few times and its a real smooth ride there, but for street, I've never tried it. I went and looked at them today and what they are asking for a 2001 is INSANE. Plus where I live its would be hard to find a place for repair and maintenece, at least till I learn to do my own. I don't know about parts. Maybe over the net...? Its pretty irrelevant anyway because I ended up leaving with a Ducati leather jacket and no bike!!
What were you going to say, by the way, Twisted Logic? You finished off with "My 0.02" and either the sentence got cut off or something.
But yeah, the price tag was in the FRONT of my head today!

·
1,894 Posts
No that was just my 0.02 but I would not try and maintain a 996 or 748 the desmo valve system is way strange. I am a mechanic(car) and I wont touch them,a friend of mine is a tech for Ducati dealer and he even gets scared of them hehehe

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
I doubt I would be ever trying to mess with one myself either. You being a mechanic and not wanting to touch one kinda says alot, but your friend being a tech for Ducati and getting scared to mess with them says plenty! I can do minor car repairs and thats about it! But being a systems analyst.... I can fix a computer up pretty well!
So back to the drawing board. I'll take a look at R-1's either tomorrow or next weekend. I already know the outcome of that. I'll end up buying one. :) I did the same thing with my car though. I HAD to shop around and try all the different models. This will be my first sportbike to own, so I've been looking alot. I have already ruled out quite a few makes and models, so that makes it easier. :D

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
Pretoria, South Africa

This is a shot I took of a friend of mine on a track in Pretoria, South Africa. I went riding there alot while I was there, on that track and off. This was late last year. Sportbikes are really popular there and fairly inexpensive, depending on what make you own. Anything American made/imported is EXTERMELY expensive though. No one ever rides without full leathers on and many times people will opt for a sportbike instead of a car because of the cost of petrol.
Anyway, I have no idea what kind of bike it is, so if anyone knows or has a guess, give it a shot.... I remember it has a pretty unusual name.

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
That sounds exactly right. You really DO know your stuff!!! :) Thank you. I had gone over it in my head and couldn't remember, and Swedie wasn't 100% sure either.
Now those I haven't seen alot of over here in the States. Why, I don't know. It was a REALLY nice bike though. That I liked riding alot. :)
Italian though, like the Ducati, right?

·
R6-R6-R6-R6-R6
38 Posts
Nope, that is a Suzuki TL1000S.

·
1,894 Posts
Are you sure? I agree it looks like a TL but since she said it was a weird name the only bike I know of that looks like that is a Laverda but who knows.

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
Its a Laverda. I got an e mail from my friend today and found out for sure thats what it is. He's selling it though. :(
Thanks everyone, for all your help on figuring out what it was. :) Especially since the only thing I could come up with is that "it had a weird name"!

·
1,894 Posts
Hey no problem it feels good to be right every now and then:D :D

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
I have a feeling you are rarely wrong!! You are just modest. :)
Hey. When did you get to be the "Forum Pain in the Ass" and I have been just posting away mostly about non related R-1 stuff and I'm not the pain in the ass???
I waaannnnaaaa be a pain in the ass tooooo!!!!!
I'm really good at it! :D

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
When I even have HALF a percent of what Twisted Logic knows, then I will get to be the Forum Co Pain in the Ass!! Can I be the "Forum Idiot"?? Huh, huh, huh?? Pleeeasssse???
Seriously, ALL of my posts are back in general discussions because what I do is READ and LEARN on here with all the rest of the posts. I do ride, yes. And am pretty skilled. But will readily admit that not even a tenth as much as the members on here. So for me, the best way is to learn from the best teachers. The ones who OWN and RIDE R-1 and who know what they are talking about. That way I am not only not buying one "blindly", I am also having alot more knowledge when I have the bike and go to ride it. I have never owned a sportbike. Ridden one, yes. But the more I learn, the better for me. :D
I like posting and getting to know people, I just know where MY place is. I have my OWN section. Its called..... "Women."
Hey, is it my job to clean up the beer cans and stuff after all you guys on here and do all the cooking?
I DARE anyone to say yes. ;)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts