Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a 2000 Yamaha R1 that won’t start. So last year near then end of riding season I was ridding down the highy way tell I seen my oil light came on. And. So I had this come on befor so I toped yo the oil I just thought it was burning oil. Due to high mileage so I came home and I toped up the oil. With 4l witch was way to much I know but I thought it was good. So I ended up rod Ight aroud with 8l of oil that day and I was going aroud the block when I realized that it was smoking from the back and it died I turned it back on. And kept driving it for some dumb reason. When I got to a red light I looked down and I seen a bit of oil on the floor so I ran back home when I parked the bike and shut it off it pissed oil then I realized I fucked up so I ended up letting it sit for a couple moths then. During winter I went over. And drained all the oil out like all of it replace the spark plugs. Air filter cleaned the carbs. Emptied the gas tank and put it back to geather nAw and then put it back to geather with a new oil filter new oil and new spark plugs and air filter with cleaned out carbs. Went back and got some gas today and I put it in and I charged the batter tell it was full came back out the batter in. And it doesn’t turn over... I love this bike can some one pleas help me solve this problem I know you guys probably gonna think I’m retarted lool. For puting 8L of oil in the bike and riding it yes I know I’m stupid but pleas anything to help first bike trying to get it back and tuning out tones of money in to it don’t want to let it go it’s an amazing bike

·
I miss my R1
3,258 Posts
For the record, I don't think you could fit 8l of oil in the bike if you took the pistons out and poured it from there, but that's besides the point.

Having overfilled the bike with oil and it still running would seem to suggest it has nothing to do with your no start condition, if I had to guess (and I am, lol)

I know you said you charged the battery, but try a known good battery (from a friend, etc).
When you try to start the bike, listen for the starter relay clicking.

Coincidentally, Fortnine just did a video on trying to diagnose a no-start condition...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the record, I don't think you could fit 8l of oil in the bike if you took the pistons out and poured it from there, but that's besides the point.

Having overfilled the bike with oil and it still running would seem to suggest it has nothing to do with your no start condition, if I had to guess (and I am, lol)

I know you said you charged the battery, but try a known good battery (from a friend, etc).
When you try to start the bike, listen for the starter relay clicking.

Coincidentally, Fortnine just did a video on trying to diagnose a no-start condition...

The batter was a brand new battery I bought. Last year and I do hear a click. When I hold the. Start button The batter is a yuassa

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya so I re charged the batter and I figured out I’m getting a good spark and I adjusted the idle screw and the engine back fired on me twice and then. Then I tuned it on again and the bike was redlining. Kept trying to adjust the idle screw but it just kept on. Redlining. Figured out their was to much gas in the engine so I toke out the spark plug and cleaned them up with brake cleaner. Put it back togeather went right back to square one with it don’t even get it to scream again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts