Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Loving it!
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer is recomending a Woodcraft stand, what do you guy's know about these stand? Good or Bad!

:fork
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
As good, if not better than Pit-Bull stands. I have a Woodcraft front stand and a Pit-bull rear stand.

I believe Woodcraft is designed by the family that runs Penguin Race school in New Hampshire.

Good stuff. PM me if you have any questions, I'll try to help.

http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/

They have some other really sweet stuff. Billet Alum engine covers with sliders.
 

·
Loving it!
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Meatball said:
As good, if not better than Pit-Bull stands. I have a Woodcraft front stand and a Pit-bull rear stand.

I believe Woodcraft is designed by the family that runs Penguin Race school in New Hampshire.

Good stuff. PM me if you have any questions, I'll try to help.

http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/

They have some other really sweet stuff. Billet Alum engine covers with sliders.

Thanks, thats all I needed to know, I will order mine Tuesday.

:fork
 

·
Hi, I'm a PC
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
I ordered and recieved my woodcraft rear stand for my R1 and it doesnt seem to fit with my spools (the stand is about 1.5 cm too wide). Has anyone got this stand to work on the 04 and if so what spools are you using?
 

·
Hi, I'm a PC
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
cool...I will pick up the woodcrafter spools then and see what I can do.

Thanks!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
273 Posts
The Pit Bull is a good stand too and works the same. I like the beefy look of the Pit and rear stand is adjustable and will work with any spools or non-spooled swinger! You're welcome!
 

·
Hi, I'm a PC
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
Well, I already have the woodcraft one ...guess I just needed the right spools.
 

·
Has anyone seen my ratchet?
Joined
·
25,747 Posts
I have woodcraft clip ons and I am very happy with them. For case savers I went with the Factory pro.
 

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
Joined
·
6,870 Posts
Yup - My pit bull is fully adjustable and works with spooled and non-spooled bikes....

- BA
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
11,870 Posts
I got the redline stands from over to the left . Super deal and they work great. You can paint them any color you want and it hold the bike rock solid even with me on it. I'm probably gonna buy a second set just to leave at my other house so I don't have to transport them when I vacation up north.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,479 Posts
MANOWAR© said:
I got the redline stands from over to the left . Super deal and they work great. You can paint them any color you want and it hold the bike rock solid even with me on it. I'm probably gonna buy a second set just to leave at my other house so I don't have to transport them when I vacation up north.
Thanks for the plug. Please keep in mind that our stands are fully adjustable and have a lifetime warranty. Try getting that from even the most expensive of stands. By the way, I have a HARD time believing woodcraft isn't adjustable for what they cost, sounds awefully silly to me.

Ian Gilmore
www.redlinestands.com
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
347 Posts
The only real problem I have w/Redline offer is the front is just a wheel stand. I have seen bikes fall off this type of stand at the track. The wheel removal will be key for me..hence I am looking at a stand for bottom of steering head. The new convertible Pit Bull and Powerstand fold up and down.

Paradise is a wanker!:finger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,479 Posts
chasjR1 said:
The only real problem I have w/Redline offer is the front is just a wheel stand. I have seen bikes fall off this type of stand at the track. The wheel removal will be key for me..hence I am looking at a stand for bottom of steering head. The new convertible Pit Bull and Powerstand fold up and down.

Paradise is a wanker!:finger
I've removed the front wheel from all three of my R1's and my R6 using our front stand on many occasions and no problem at all, furthermore, I haven't heard of anyone's bike falling off our front stand (knock on woodcraft). We plan to build a headstock stand in the future but not in the near future, as the only major advantage we've found is fork adjustment and removal.

Ian Gilmore
www.redlinestands.com
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,686 Posts
Here is a pic of my '03 with Ian's front and rear stands. This was
in May Just before the Deal's Gap trip. For the money you can't
beat his stands. I've never had the first problem with them. Yeah,
for more money you can get perhaps a better stand, but for my
purpose the Redline's do just fine.
 

·
For the Love of.........Riding
Joined
·
6,718 Posts
R1formetoo said:
I've removed the front wheel from all three of my R1's and my R6 using our front stand on many occasions and no problem at all, furthermore, I haven't heard of anyone's bike falling off our front stand (knock on woodcraft). We plan to build a headstock stand in the future but not in the near future, as the only major advantage we've found is fork adjustment and removal.

Ian Gilmore
www.redlinestands.com

I'll be looking for that type of stand in the future so keep us informed. :)

I have both front and rear now but want the headstock kind too.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top