Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2015 R1 Yoshimura Exhaust - MJS Y midpipe - Woolich re flash
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear 2015 R1 Riders,

I re flashed my ECU using Woolich software and somehow i regret it, coz after reading more i think others are better like SBU or FT, am i right or they are all the same ? 2nd question, do we have here any threads regarding the TDC "Top Dead Center" & BDC "Bottom Dead Center" i tried searchign for some but didnt find any, have you guys tried any adjustments for that? Thank You :):cool:

·
me r1 to eats P***y
3,522 Posts
the woolich software is great, but just like any tuning device its only as good as the person using It

im not sure what your talking about with TDC , I don't see any settings for it and Tope dead center is a mechanical thing cant be adjusted with a flash

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope you are right with the Woolich. I have this idea in my mind,I’ll try to get rid of it.
I mean I didn’t find any articles regarding the adjustment of the top dead center ... as an example for other bikes people have experienced with that but here I didn’t see anyone talking about it for this model 2015+ N yes for sure it has nothing to do with the reflash ?

·
me r1 to eats P***y
3,522 Posts
I use it all the time, im positive about the woolich software

lol, top dead center and bottom dead center cant be adjusted. it is what it is, and some things that are adjustable like spark ignition and cam timing are based off of it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aha that’s new to me .. coz as an example you can adjust the TDC in the Hayabusa ...your feedback is much appreciated ??

·
me r1 to eats P***y
3,522 Posts
Maybe OP wants to know how to set timing? Retard or advance?

I think your talking about ignition timing not timing of tdc or bdc, KOJI you are referring to something incorrectly. There is not a motor in the world that you can electronically adjust top or bottom dead center

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forgive my ignorance ... i don't know how i got that confused and mixed things up ... my hands and mind got a bit rusty as i didn't work on my bikes for some time now and just adjust it by adding some full system + filter n power commander.

So if i want to start talking in the right way i would say that yes i would like to adjust the ignition timing either by retard or advance .. does anybody got any experience with that for the 2015+ models ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
does anybody got any experience with that for the 2015+ models ?
If you want to do it the way the tuners do, get a dyno and put the bike on it. Presuming that you have a properly tuned bike in regards to fueling, you can lock dyno speeds, vary the load you're placing on your motor, and adjust the timing till you see the hp gains begin to decrease for that RPM and load cell. Once you hit maximum brake torque (MBT), or the highest torque you can log, then pull back 2 degrees for a safety margin and call it a day. It's a very long process if you're doing parts of the table that are not at the edge of the table (which you'd normally be in while racing or going WOT).
If you don't have access to a dyno, I'd say go with the ignition from one of the full exhaust maps and call it a day. Make sure the ignition timing is suitable for the type of fuel you plan to run. Not milking out that last couple horsepower isn't going to ruin your experience on the bike.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you want to do it the way the tuners do, get a dyno and put the bike on it. Presuming that you have a properly tuned bike in regards to fueling, you can lock dyno speeds, vary the load you're placing on your motor, and adjust the timing till you see the hp gains begin to decrease for that RPM and load cell. Once you hit maximum brake torque (MBT), or the highest torque you can log, then pull back 2 degrees for a safety margin and call it a day. It's a very long process if you're doing parts of the table that are not at the edge of the table (which you'd normally be in while racing or going WOT).
If you don't have access to a dyno, I'd say go with the ignition from one of the full exhaust maps and call it a day. Make sure the ignition timing is suitable for the type of fuel you plan to run. Not milking out that last couple horsepower isn't going to ruin your experience on the bike.
Thanks again for yourfeed back and help .. unfortunately i dont have any access to dynos so i will do it the other way and i totally agree with you .. safety of the bike comes first .. Many thanks :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I highly recommend that you buy an aftermarket fuel controller with an Auto Tuner so that you can tune as you ride. This is the best way to tune any engine. The Dyno treadmill is just only part of the equation.
That’s exactly what I am going to do ... perfect ??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts