Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:fork

What is the worst accident any of you have been in? Mine hasnt been to bad yet, my front tire blew out after coming down off of a wheelie and threw me off and I broke my arm. Nothing to horrible yet. Post it up...

:fork

· Registered
50 Posts
Back when I was riding an FZR in the early 90's, I got sideswiped by a guy pulling out of a parking space. His rusted door molding dug a 7" long section out of my right forearm. It cut down to the bone. Also broke an ankle and totaled the bike. He tried to leave, but his back tire had hooked my bike, and by then there were too many people around.
Not so bad, all things considered...

· Feelin' lucky?
323 Posts
October, 1993.
Heading to work on a chilly New England morning riding my 1993 Yamaha Seca ll, and this is the morning I learned first-hand about cool temperatures and high-performance tires.

Coming up on a fairly sharp left turn at about 40-50 mph, I lowside staight into the steel Armco barriers lining the outside of the turn.
I end up unconscious, wrapped in a fetal position around a metal post stuck in the ground for these barriers.
I get sliced down to the bone two inches from the Family Jewels.

My bike merely slides downstream a bit and comes to a stop, wondering what all the fuss is about.

Passing motorists call an ambulance.
It's not a good day.
I'm sewn-up and released from the hospital, bed-ridden at home for three days because I can't walk.
I'd never felt so sore in my life before or since.

· GO CHIEFS!!!
6,866 Posts
Crashed my yzf600 at 25 mph with no gear or helmet on... :cryin

Lesson learned...

- BA

· "IM BACCCCK"
5,569 Posts
my worst accident:
i was out with the guy's you know chillin talk'in to some hotties acting all pimp and shiz, then this 1 fine arse chik walked over and started rappin, u know ooh yay lalalalala, and i'm like yeah baby uh huh...
then all of a sudden i feel a rumble in my tummy and i'm like oooh ahhh ugh then bam "i cut 1 loose so loud and rank and all my boyzs r laughing and i'm laughing so hard i shit in my pants.....yup thats the worst accident of my life.

· ....rONE....
860 Posts
asianmafia said:
my worst accident:
i was out with the guy's you know chillin talk'in to some hotties acting all pimp and shiz, then this 1 fine arse chik walked over and started rappin, u know ooh yay lalalalala, and i'm like yeah baby uh huh...
then all of a sudden i feel a rumble in my tummy and i'm like oooh ahhh ugh then bam "i cut 1 loose so loud and rank and all my boyzs r laughing and i'm laughing so hard i shit in my pants.....yup thats the worst accident of my life.

:lol

· Banned
494 Posts
mine was last summer. i rolled an endo into the back of a mini van stopped at a red light. i started the endo to late going to fast. so as my back tire was in the air im trying to turn to avoid hitting the van. but i couldent get the thing to turn on the front wheel. and its not like i can press the brake any harder to slow down becouse i was already in an endo if i would of applyed any more brake i would of flip it. and i coundent let off the brake to bring the back tire down cuz i would of gained speed and it would of made it worse. the only thing i could do is hold on and pray that i dont get hert or worse when i crash into the back of this van. then bang! i wake up in the ambulance. got a concusion and some road rash. and the bike was messed up pretty bad but its all fixed now.

· Registered
9 Posts
I was riding my 50 CC dirt bike with swim trunks on then the rope from the trunks wound up in the rear tire and yanked my trunks off and went flying but naked landed around lots of friends who till this day still bring it up.

· Camshaft
282 Posts
I've only had two bad accidents. Once on a CR80 when I was a kid. Shattered my shoulder. That put me out for about a year.:(
Now on June 21st of last year I got in my second accident. I just got off work, around 12:00am(B-shift). I was heading home down Huron road and was coming up to Strausberg. I entered intersection at around 70klms, speed limit being 60klms. I noticed this car parked on the shoulder on the far side of the intersection. His brake lights weren't on and there was no signal. I turned my high beams on and moved over to the yellow line case buddy opened the door. All of a sudden his brake light flash for about a half a second and he starts pulling out! :eek: Thinking that it still isn't much of a problem and I will still make it around him I got on the brakes and moved over a little more. Then this guy keeps turning? He's pulling a freaking "U"turn?:scared No signal or nothing. I pulled a big piece of the breaks now but my tires were cold, just got off work, and it's night and roads were cold. I just slid about ten feet and got eye contact with him.
Now I release the break and try to steer in between him and the curb but he panics? He doesn't hit the breaks and he lets go of the steering wheel. Now his car T-bones me off. Did a couple of summersalts and came to a stop further up the road against the curb. Totalled the bike and shattered my left leg. Here's some pics of my missed 99. But I love my new 04!:thumbup

Attachments

· Shut up and ride
2,498 Posts
Front tire blow out at 75 mph:eek: Some drunk guy pulls up to me while I was laying in the ditch, and asked me if I was alright. I started to say......yeah, I just like lying in the ditch with my helmet on and dirt all over me.

· "Gort-Klaatu barada nikto!"
3,200 Posts
Cameron Watts said:
One more of the bike...:(
Some duct tape and it will be good as new! Glad your ok now!

· DAMN YOU SHANE
14,422 Posts
damn yall have had it worse then me but this goes to show yall that you need to wear helmets

· Registered
139 Posts
Same here, U-turning cager got me and the gf, I smashed right kneecap and 60% cut off right big toe (reattached). kneecap is healing now (pins and wires) gf tore her ACL

should get settled soon. Mom was riding behind scared the shit out of her, gf was in pain, I was in shock so no pain just tingle, and all I could think about was how I won't be able to ride for like a month.

· DAMN YOU SHANE
14,422 Posts
nice way to have yoru first post twisted but that really sucks i hate not being able to ride

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.