Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Leaving You In The Dust
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just have to tell people about the worst week anyone could ever have. The first thing is that my bike was messed up but I now got it fixed. Cost me $650. The second thing is, I am in taking a carpentry apprenticeship program through my dad’s carpentry company that builds houses. But everyone knows you can’t build houses in the winter. So we where putting away some tools and I was driving the bobcat when it hit a hole and it tipped over. hurt like hell got five stitches in the top of my head. But the third thing happened today and it is that my 2000 millennium yellow corvette became scrap metal. My girlfriend who is seventeen just got her G2 a couple of month’s ago and was driving it by herself down Hwy #7 here in Toronto in 5th gear and she was coming up to a stop sign so she put it into 1st gear. now that is ok if you hold in the clutch but here foot slipped and well, now I have no transmission in my corvette. But at least nothing happened to the body. not to sure what a transmission for a corvette cost. But probably a lot. I am afraid of what the next two days hold for me. But if you can top this week I would love to hear about it.

Here is a picture of my car

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,889 Posts
First..you need a brother I need a dad like yours hehehehe anyway you are looking around 2500.00 for a GM transmission I am sure you can find a reman cheaper somewhere but I don't think you would want to go that route with a vette

·
one liter asphalt eater
111 Posts
BAD TIMES

Unfortunately if you **** the bed...you still have to sleep in it. It seems thats what has happened is a direct result of your negligence. Unless your girlfriend drove NASCAR or F1, she should probably stick to a Volkswagen or something like that.

Its unfortunate that everything happened to you in one day, but thats life. By the way, your tranny may still be covered under GM warranty. Hope things start to look up for you.

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
I can see maybe a powerslide coming out of the situation, but a ruined transmission ?? It had to be faulty in the first place!! Sorry to hear about Your misfortune though :(

·
Leaving You In The Dust
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Now I am not a mechanic but the tow truck driver was, and when I went to the wreckers to see the car he said that doing what she did will usually twist all your gears up and I guess it did but I really don't know. But that is what he siad. He also said there was a little bit of black smoke coming out from under the hood. So there may be more damage, but they don’t know until they tow it to the dealership on Monday. I just can’t wait to see the price of mechanic labor for this one, or even the full bill, and yes this is sort of my fault I should have not let her drive it but I did. A decision that I now Regret.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.