Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surprisingly it’s even less practical than a bike, offering space inside for only one person. It is powered by a 1737cc 45 degree twin motor, which started life as a Harley lump before American tuning house Jim’s Machine breathed 102bhp and 125ftlb of goodness into it.

Power is fed through a four-speed box (plus a reverse gear to ease parking) to the front 17-inch chrome wheels.

The chassis is constructed of tubular steel for light weight and rigidity, with the rear wheel held in place by a single sided swingarm and rear shock, similar to a bike. Bodywork is moulded fibreglass.

Front suspension is more traditional car design with the wheels independently mounted on double wishbones. Three disc brakes bring the lightweight machine to a halt in no time at all.

With a top speed of 110mph and a fuel economy of between 40 and 60mpg the Roadster is not entirely impractical, as long as you live alone and somewhere where it doesn’t rain. A leather interior is standard, all hand sewn, and it even comes with a CD player.

Available in either orange, blue or black and silver each Roadster is individually made, and costs £16,500. Ouch.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Economic wise I'd maybe buy it. And if it was something extra ordinary polution wise aswell I'd maybe buy it.

A hell.. if I bought it I'd be VERY unique aroun dhere. No one else would own it.

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
Ummmm...... well, it gets good gas mileage, brakes well, leather interior, top speed of 110 mph is not too bad, and has a CD player on the positive side.
On the negative side, I cannot fit my 2 dogs in it, it does rain here, people will stare at me in a "freak" way, for that money I can get my R-1 and lots of goodies with it, and it reminds me of a tomato.
Would YOU buy it LtdR1Ryder?? :D
Bet Arai has a matching helmet in just that color.....
This is a good idea for a topic, LtdR1Ryder. Thanks for the idea. :)

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
I agree with you.

I just thought I would show you another "concept car" from our own childhood, LtdR1Ryder.
Here is my contribution to what I want in a "car of the future."
I bet you want to whack me with a stick, don't you?? :D
Gotta catch me first!!!!

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
You are the boss in this part now.

It is my duty as a MEMBER to contribute.
Here is another concept car.
I still watch this show....
Dino is my favorite.
Hey. I am still on the topic.
I am just "broadening" it a little bit. :D
Didn't ya miss me a little, homie G, the big Bossman?
Don't answer that.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Starting to wonder what happened to you. Didn't hear from you in awhile. You must have read my mind. I thought to myself I can't believe she didn't post the Flinstones!:p

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
I've just been a little busy with work and with getting the house winterized. I got out the leaf blower and managed to blow leaves into my a**hole neighbor's yard!! I love this time of the year! Plus I've been getting out with friends and socializing a little more. With you living up there in PA, you know how hard it is when the snow starts and you get literally housebound and stir crazy! So I'm trying to get out NOW so I won't go so nuts when that does finally happen this Winter. :) Get out and enjoy riding that beautiful bike of yours while you can before you have to tuck your baby in for the Winter.
I knew you knew that I knew that you were thinking what I was thinking that you knew that I knew.
About posting the Flintstones!
So I did read your mind.
I can do that, you know. ;)

·
Forum chick
345 Posts
I am reading your mind, LtdR1Ryder. It IS physically possible. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
Twisted Logic, I am so mentally strong that it would amaze even you. I passed the ink blot test with flying colors. I am a mental ROCK. Note that I said ROCK, not NUT. ROCK. :crash
I am reading your mind.
You are naughty. :rock

1 - 16 of 16 Posts