Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· FOREVER ON MY GRIND
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the deal 07' R1. I actually had went down on the bike back in Aug. cut some corners in the insurance apprasial and was able to put Akra slip-ons w/ the Y pipe and a power commander.
The #'s suprised me tho. 151.09hp before the pipe and 165.59hp after. That seems like a huge gain. So my ques is as follows, is that a typical gain for that set-up or what? Torque went up from 75.35 to 80.85ft-lbs
What kind of gains did you guys get?

· Member 1352
1,917 Posts
Was it the same Dyno? Weather conditions? Rear tire?...

If it was the exact same conditions and Dyno then those are some awesome gains. Did you get a custom map done?...

Congrats...

· FOREVER ON MY GRIND
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
same dyno. stock run 62 degrees 25% Humidity. custom map 68 degrees and 15% humidity. The #'s seem high to me but I just dont know thats why I was askignwhat type of #'s did any one else get

· WERA/CCS #217
5,987 Posts
To be honest I think your bike was out of whack from the start. 151 is little low for an '07 stock. I think an '07 stock should be almost at 160.

But the besides the obvious exhaust and PC3.. the custom map was the absolute best thing you could have did. Now your bike is running exactly like it should have been in the first place.

· Banned
31,992 Posts
To be honest I think your bike was out of whack from the start. 151 is little low for an '07 stock. I think an '07 stock should be almost at 160.

But the besides the obvious exhaust and PC3.. the custom map was the absolute best thing you could have did. Now your bike is running exactly like it should have been in the first place.
:stpd: your bike was 'outta tune' from the start and just a pc3 and custom map on your stock bike would have improved it a lot. the slipons on their own wont make that much increase.:fact it is the mapping doing most of the gain.:hellobye

· R1 Addiction
16,761 Posts

:iamwithst.... probably feels like a whole new bike now.

· KHHHAAANNNNN!!!!!
620 Posts
I agree, something must have been off with the dyno or the stock settings on the bike, because that is a big gain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.