Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nobody but Herve knows for sure, but rumors suggest KTM.
im ok with that
is Zarco Tech3's employer or is Yamaha,guess what i am really asking is how does this affect Zarco?
he seems a great prospect and an asset Yamaha wouldn't want to let go

·
My R1 eats Gixxers
375 Posts
This is huge. Herve said it was an offer he couldn’t refuse. I’m guessing that means full factory bikes and support. I can only imagine it’s honda or Ducati. Anything else would be a downgrade. Does anyone know Zarco’s contract status?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
im ok with that
is Zarco Tech3's employer or is Yamaha,guess what i am really asking is how does this affect Zarco?
he seems a great prospect and an asset Yamaha wouldn't want to let go
Zarco is not a Yamaha rider. No doubt one of the main reasons why they're not happy. Yamaha has said they may not even supply a satellite team in 2019, but then I doubt there's many team managers who'd want a 2018 M1 next year.

Sent from my SM-G9208 using Tapatalk

·
My R1 eats Gixxers
375 Posts
I'd almost bet money it is neither of those factories.
Taking over the KTM factory team sounds like a sure way to go slower. You could argue tech 3 had a more impressive year than the factory team last year. They’re in a strong position right now.

·
I miss my R1
3,004 Posts
Taking over the KTM factory team sounds like a sure way to go slower. You could argue tech 3 had a more impressive year than the factory team last year. They’re in a strong position right now.
Honda and Ducati already have satellite teams using factory bikes (LCR/Pramac, respectively) that both get good results.

KTM is improving quickly and if Tech3 can get the same bikes the factory team is using, KTM will develop even quicker.

·
Avid two wheel therapy abuser
417 Posts
Honda and Ducati already have satellite teams using factory bikes (LCR/Pramac, respectively) that both get good results.

KTM is improving quickly and if Tech3 can get the same bikes the factory team is using, KTM will develop even quicker.
This here... what I gather is that KTM is allowing them to run their factory team package as well to help develop faster as now they'd have 4 riders giving back rivers of data and such. While Yamaha was fair to them and gave them a pretty good package over the years but having full factory support is what maybe he wants and seems he's chasing after.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts