Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Who dies with most toys, Wins
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought all necessary tools so after grubbing i could gutt my cat to reduce on heat. I took every thing off only to find the used bike already has had the mod done. Wow i can't believe how hot it must of been before. Any way sucks waste of work. but still get to install my A&R baffles.

·
Wheelies Galore
285 Posts
still had a heat problem with gutted cat. but after i installed the baffle kit the bike was a whole lot cooler between my legs thats for sure. i dont get that huge heat gusts towards my legs anymore which is pretty damn good. i also bought this antifreeze that keeps my bike atleast ten degree's cooler at all times. i forget the name of the stuff but you can get it at the dealer.

·
Turn #8 Got Me
1,034 Posts
still had a heat problem with gutted cat. but after i installed the baffle kit the bike was a whole lot cooler between my legs thats for sure. i dont get that huge heat gusts towards my legs anymore which is pretty damn good. i also bought this antifreeze that keeps my bike atleast ten degree's cooler at all times. i forget the name of the stuff but you can get it at the dealer.
Water Wetter claims to run something like 17 degrees cooler. I think it may actually help a few degrees.:dunno

·
Wheelies Galore
285 Posts
Water Wetter claims to run something like 17 degrees cooler. I think it may actually help a few degrees.:dunno
this stuff is called engine ice. and its good for 2 years before you need to swap it out. i never heard of water wetter but you cant go wrong with 17 degree's cooler!. after the switch though my fan hardly ever comes only. only if im sitting at a light for a long time. but once i start moving im under 200 degrees.

·
Turn #8 Got Me
1,034 Posts
this stuff is called engine ice. and its good for 2 years before you need to swap it out. i never heard of water wetter but you cant go wrong with 17 degree's cooler!. after the switch though my fan hardly ever comes only. only if im sitting at a light for a long time. but once i start moving im under 200 degrees.
I'll look into the Engine Ice....Water wetter is available at local auto stores. Alot of tracks make you run it instead of antifreeze for cleanups after wrecks. About $7.00 for a bottle and top off with water.

·
Wheelies Galore
285 Posts
at auto places? you can run auto antifreeze but its not good for our bikes. we have aluminum heads and there is a chemical in auto antifreeze that will corrode your head. maybe someone knows more about it. i didnt read too much into it. so i went with engine ice. its 19.95 at yamaha.

·
Turn #8 Got Me
1,034 Posts
at auto places? you can run auto antifreeze but its not good for our bikes. we have aluminum heads and there is a chemical in auto antifreeze that will corrode your head. maybe someone knows more about it. i didnt read too much into it. so i went with engine ice. its 19.95 at yamaha.
Yeah, Water wetter isn't really an antifreeze, I don't think. All I know is a lot of guys use it and some tracks require either regular water or water wetter due to clean up.
http://www.stockcarproducts.com/cooling1.htm

·
Wheelies Galore
285 Posts
i know when i go to jennings they dont ask me about my coolant. i ride my bike more on street then track so im not too worried about what they want. for street use id just keep it with engine ice. but if your local track is a dick about it then water wetter seems like a good product.

·
Turn #8 Got Me
1,034 Posts
i know when i go to jennings they dont ask me about my coolant. i ride my bike more on street then track so im not too worried about what they want. for street use id just keep it with engine ice. but if your local track is a dick about it then water wetter seems like a good product.
Just went to Jennings in November (9 hour drive:no ). Track is awesome but it's the only track I've been to besides Mid-Ohio so I'm walking aroud asking where's tech? and they say "self tech":)
Last time I was at Mid-Ohio I had to get a tire valve cap from the Michelin guy because I was missing one and the guy caught it at tech. A little different everywher, I guess:dunno

·
Wheelies Galore
285 Posts
i tell ya what the r1 tore that track up. i had a blast. i was running slicks too. i got a pair of take offs but it was a 180 rear. actually was a little bit more responsive with that set. what tech are you talkin about anyways? you go down in turn 8? that bitch is sharp as hell! got to know when to take it easy lol.

·
Turn #8 Got Me
1,034 Posts
i tell ya what the r1 tore that track up. i had a blast. i was running slicks too. i got a pair of take offs but it was a 180 rear. actually was a little bit more responsive with that set. what tech are you talkin about anyways? you go down in turn 8? that bitch is sharp as hell! got to know when to take it easy lol.
Actually, that turn #8 refers to Mid-Ohio, first ever track day high side. Nice trip to the hospital on that one. But yeah, I saw all the chunks in turn #8 at Jennings. You gonna be there in Feb when everyone from the forum is heading down?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.