Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really kicking around the idea of a WR frame and suspension with a banshee motor and supermoto wheels/brakes.

I like the WR because it's a Yamaha (of course), lights, larger radiator, gas tank, and I think the steel frame would be easier to work with for tweaking, the drive sprocket is on the same side of the engine.

I haven't found anything like this on the net (probably because it is a stupid idea). Has anyone seen this done? Mostly the engine swap. I figure the engine would be fun on the street, sort of a modern interpretation of the RZ350.

Let me know how dumb this idea is and if you have links to a project like this that would be awesome!

Thanks.

·
assfault junkies
1,949 Posts
I dont think its dumb, prob just alot of work and money when you could just go get one that is already made. But if you want to be different and like building things go for it and share some pics.

·
assfault junkies
1,949 Posts
One of my friends is totally redoing a Rd350 it should be pretty fast when its all done. cant wait love those little bikes, even though iv got a pretty good scar from crashing one. lol

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't find a bike like this anywhere on the net. Should be quite unique!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
TurbSTLcards
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing