Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Premium Member
896 Posts
I'm glad Haslam finally got a bike he deserved. Jonathan Rea too. Both were stuck on the outdated Hondas wasting talent for too long. That said, Van Der Mark really made a statement. Phillip Island is usually an outlier in terms of overall standings, but it's shaping up to be an exciting season. I love WSBK racing.

· Registered
126 Posts
Both races were very exciting and super close. To bad that Yamaha screwed up by introducing a new R1 for the street and not racing it this season in WSBK. Next season the bike is old news and most likely the others have new or updated models out.

MotoGp is supposed to be the top of racing, but I think WSBK is more interesting to watch. Where else do you see 3-4 manufacturers fighting so close together and swapping positions that many times throughout a race?

I hope they bring WSBK racing to COTA in the future

· ROWDY
12,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Both races were very exciting and super close. To bad that Yamaha screwed up by introducing a new R1 for the street and not racing it this season in WSBK. Next season the bike is old news and most likely the others have new or updated models out.

MotoGp is supposed to be the top of racing, but I think WSBK is more interesting to watch. Where else do you see 3-4 manufacturers fighting so close together and swapping positions that many times throughout a race?

I hope they bring WSBK racing to COTA in the future
The rule changes they made is what brought all the MFG into the dog fight we saw, Makes it more of a rider race than just raw power.

· ROWDY
12,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With the new rules all the MFG's will be competitive if they have a rider that can stay on the bike. Tires will be one thing that may still be a factor as some bikes are easier on them than others throughout the race.

· Thread killer...
2,551 Posts
Where's Baz? Where's Marco?? Where's Steve & Johnthan???
Sad, Just Sad....................:corn
Baz=Forward Racing (MotoGP)
Marco= Gresini Aprilia (MotoGP)
Steve=? Not sure who Steve is... :D
Jonathan= Kawasaki. Currently tied for the lead WSBK...

Can blame the first two for jumping ship to MotoGP. They have zero change of winning (or a top ten really), but I bet the money is a lot better.

· Premium Member
896 Posts
I think he means Jonathan Greene and Steve martin. I miss Steve a lot, great insight on the calls. I'm curious where they went too. I was hoping they'd be back for the race, but all newer guys.

· Sine Labore Nihil
133 Posts
I think he means Jonathan Greene and Steve martin. I miss Steve a lot, great insight on the calls. I'm curious where they went too. I was hoping they'd be back for the race, but all newer guys.
I am actually going to miss those guys if they have been replaced. I like the chemistry they have and how they would go back and forth sometimes and Steve would just flat out disagree with Jonathan when he started speculating on stuff. Always cracked me up.

· Thread killer...
2,551 Posts
The WSS race was pretty damn good as well. I don't think I have seen bikes that sideways in a long time. Not much from Yamaha (two bikes) in the whole WSBK series. I figured there would be more R6's, but WSS is a small series (relatively).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.