Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Semper Fidelis
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of the portion of the exhaust on a 2003 R1 that contains the collector and exup valve. Mine has a couple of seized and broken off bolts that I have no chance of getting out.

·
Klaus Von Slowpoke
6,039 Posts
I am in need of the portion of the exhaust on a 2003 R1 that contains the collector and exup valves. Mine has a couple of seized and broken off bolts that I have no chance of getting out.
You mean like the broken bolt in the top right of the pic?
Yeah, that sucks.
Good luck on the mid-pipe!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am in need of the portion of the exhaust on a 2003 R1 that contains the collector and exup valve. Mine has a couple of seized and broken off bolts that I have no chance of getting out.
Any fastener is removable even yours if your not very mechanical just turn to YouTube and watch some video's about broken bolt removal and soon you'll have new skill.. It's either that or buy a full exhaust set and that's 1.5k at least so at least try to get the fasteners out. Ebay might be a source and there is a motorcycle salvage business in Melbourne Florida and they've helped me find parts for both of my second generation R1s,,,Bikestrippers is the business name. Good luck and ride safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts