Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I just acquired a 2000 R1 with just 1234 miles. The bike looks like a time capsule but of course the thing to do back in the day was to replace the giant rear fender and turn signals with aftermarket.

That being said I am planning on going back to stock on those.

Looking for:
OEM Yamaha front and rear turn signals
OEM 5JJ tail light and rear fender- all of it was replaced by a quality set of aftermarket signals and paint matched undertail. If anyone is even interested in trading for those that could be an option as once I take them off the will just all get packed away in a storage box.

thanks for the welcoming to the forum!
Erik

·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,397 Posts
Welcome!
These parts are extremely hard to find it. Not the front signals but the rear plastic cover with rear holes for the tail lights, license plate and deflator are super duper rare "GoodLuck"

If i was you, i would fix the bike as best i can, and ride it...Forget about its OEM form...

·
37,490 Posts
i have oem turn signals for 98-01 model years. $40 plus shipping for all 4.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Have you looked for new parts? You might be surprised.

The 98-99 and 00-01 have different part numbers for the turn signals. I don't know what the differences are though.

Check out eBay also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks to Kangaroo for the stock turn signals. guess these were not as hard to find as said.

I am still in need of a stock rear inner fender and tail light. if anyone has removed theirs let me know. I would be glad to trade the undertail that is presently installed on mine as an even trade. It looks great but I want to restore the bike back to 100% stock form.

thanks!

·
99 R1
1,132 Posts
thanks to Kangaroo for the stock turn signals. guess these were not as hard to find as said.

I am still in need of a stock rear inner fender and tail light. if anyone has removed theirs let me know. I would be glad to trade the undertail that is presently installed on mine as an even trade. It looks great but I want to restore the bike back to 100% stock form.

thanks!
the inner fender for the 98-99 is different than the inner fender for the 2000-2001 .. and the subframe is different too. Which one do you need ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I need the inner fender/ battery tray for a 2000/ 01 model. I have the subframe, just want to replace the aftermarket undertail and go back to stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
deltaboxii
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing