Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I am the vanilla gorilla!
18,121 Posts
Thats my point, they are pretty cheap new, with a warranty. Its one of those things you won't regret spending a few extra bucks on.

·
2012 R1
95 Posts
honestly - rexmitchell is right. even if you get the original at $100, you will probably need to buy some base mounts at the least, which will run $20 plus any other arms you may need. OR $200 for a new model with wifi for smartphone setup and control + playback, better resolution and new housing, arms, bases ect.....

I have two, the hero3 white and hero3 silver. I got the silver first, then the white at a Christmas party for work. I love having them for my dirtbike trips and street bike trips. I am wanting the new hero3+ black. amazing new features and resolution.

Here is a mount I just made up for the bike for a trip im doing sunday

·
2012 R1
95 Posts
The colors determines the edition/additional features correct?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Since the Hero 3 yes.

The white is the lowest quality of the 3 made but still pretty good.

if you can find a hero 3 silver or black still (not hero3+) you can probably get them for a good deal. the + models have some better fps for video resolution options but that's about it, besides overall smaller body.

·
Banned
1,432 Posts
I recently picked up the Hero 3 black edition. Used it once at the track. The features are pretty nice, which are comparable to the white and silver edition. Just better fps and resolution as you go up. The black retails $399.

Has a wireless remote and the app u can download for it is awesome as well to manage all your videos or pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well... a little side story...
I am getting married in two weeks and going on a cruise. I started to rationalize I dont want to use my phone as a camera out of the country... near water! I also dont own any other camera. So I started telling my Better half that I think a go pro may be a good idea for our honeymoon since it is waterproof amd can take video and what not.

She replied with the explanation that she had considered buying me one as a wedding present to me!!!!

Keeper!!!

Now to decide if I need the extra features of the better models...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts