Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
FriendShip For Sale...!
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy emailed me today about my bike being for sale on Ebay??? and I'm like what? It's for sale but I didn't put it on Ebay?...

So I looked it up and sure enough some pecker face has jacked my pics and posted as his bike.... Hell even the older pics from when i first got it........ :confused: Click Here

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
:lol its funny how you can always spot an ebay scam cause they use the factory specs, (nothing else) and have a reallly cheap "buy it now" option

·
FriendShip For Sale...!
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
medpilot said:
WTF $4000 for that bike? :confused:
Yeah that's what he put........?

It hurts... I mean not as bad as jumping on a bicycle with the seat missing , but it hurts...

·
I eat other's R1
693 Posts
mmm alizee

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
so let me get this straight, the guy is pretending to sell a bike. he is hoping a person will believe him and pay him say $4000 for a scam?

you discovered your bike on sale by a friend who happen to run across your pictures and knew it was your bike?

·
...Is just so addicted to R1..
902 Posts
Common scam

It's becoming a common scam- most always international too- because of the inherent limitations in legality of overseas transactions and monetary recourse: Typically however it happens in reverse-> Example:
Scumbag A finds a for-sale advertisement, emails indicating he/she is located overseas and wants to by your thing (bike, parrot, whatever) They offer payment via bank check, only they'll give some bullshit :bs story about how international legality and ramifications make it hard for them to send the correct amount- they want to OVERPAY you, and trust you to send back money via western union... (yeah right!) the real kick in the ass, they're intial bank check gets overturned a month later- THAT is thanks to actual laws in place for international money transfers- So if the scam goes their way, here's what will happen:

1) The listed seller receives a cashiers check for too much money- deposits it, money hits their account and they think everything is cool.
2) They ship out the item
3) They western-union the residual cash
4) A month later the cash that hit their account is withdrawn, and the seller gets *****ED by losing the item, the residuals AND the initial payment. :fact

nice huh?

Moral of the story: If it's too good to be true.....

I mean common- use your f****ing brain: Does 4,000 sound right for a gem 02 R1? :2bitchsla

·
Yes, It's true, blue is faster
8,163 Posts
Look at the "sellers" previous auctions......womens cloths. Seems like someone hijacked someone elses name and is using the positive feedback rating to try and scam someone.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts