Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last Saturday, the wife and I leave for a party. My R1 was left parked, covered, and undisturbed. At about 3AM, we pull back into our parking space and my wife flips out! She sees my bike on it's side with the cover removed. We both jump out of my SUV and placed my bike back up. I guess some SH!T HEAD had a good time knocking my bike over, which by the way was in PRISTINE condition. Thank God for my frame sliders, they kept the damage to a minimum. Awww man, I would have given up a winning lottery ticket to catch this A-Hole in the act. There was one strange thing though, my bike was knocked over on the left side with the kick stand still down. I wonder why and how they did that??? God bless my wife's heart, she was more pissed off then I was. Apparently, other vehicles were also vandalized that night.:mad: :mad: :mad: ****ing people need to grow up!!!

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Im a firm believer in what comes around goes around...... they will get there's!!!!:saw:

·
Riding dirt for the winter
1,097 Posts
There are like a million and 1/2 stories like this. Even if you live in a 10th floor story studio apartment, park that bitch inside. Sorry that happened to you bro but theres always going to be some asshole that feels the need to knock your bike over to make themselves feel better about their broke ass.

·
Dani
36 Posts
At least you have your bike... mine got stolen three weeks ago in Denmark.

I saw the bastards but my legs are not as fast as a motorbike... and the ****ing police did not care about helping me... they decided that it was more important to file the report.

Sorry to hear that your bike got a bit damaged

·
05 R1 are the meanest machine
39 Posts
Dang man That stinks. Shit my wife said there is no way an R1 will sit in the dinning room. But I told her its either the bike inside or we are divorcing and will lets just say as soon as I get my 04 r1 in january I'll be single!! $7000 that can be carried away in 30 secs will not sit in front of my apt, Plus South Carolina has a really high motorcycle theft and they take forever to cut a check for a new one. We don't even eat at the dinning room table so I'm like whatever, 4 years down the drain but hey the bright side 4 me is many females would love sitting on the back of the Best Bike ever made LoL!!:)

·
Von Deutschland
1,208 Posts
Sorry to hear it man... and as much as I hate to say it there is no chance you'll ever catch the guys who did it. Not much you can do but lock her up inside.

·
Super Moderator
45,418 Posts
Dang man That stinks. Shit my wife said there is no way an R1 will sit in the dinning room. But I told her its either the bike inside or we are divorcing and will lets just say as soon as I get my 04 r1 in january I'll be single!! $7000 that can be carried away in 30 secs will not sit in front of my apt, Plus South Carolina has a really high motorcycle theft and they take forever to cut a check for a new one. We don't even eat at the dinning room table so I'm like whatever, 4 years down the drain but hey the bright side 4 me is many females would love sitting on the back of the Best Bike ever made LoL!!:)
that's the way to lay DOWN the LAW! :yesnod

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
sucks, but at least they only knocked it over and didn't take it.

·
Termignoni Tiger
406 Posts
i had the same exact thing happen recently in front of a church on sunday. the fools nicely picked my bike back up. I'm going through insurance to make the bike look as good as new...$3,000 to fix my bike due to some people that can't drive. How much are your damages?

·
SO FAST SO CLEAN
9,698 Posts
Sorry about your bike. It's probably time to setup a web cam if you can. My son-in-law had some idiot doing that to his bike. So he setup a webcam and caught the idiot 2 days later.

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
Sorry about your bike. It's probably time to setup a web cam if you can. My son-in-law had some idiot doing that to his bike. So he setup a webcam and caught the idiot 2 days later.
Now, that's a good idea. Video don't lie.

·
shwing...
858 Posts
shit, my wife made the same threat about getting a bike, "you get a bike and I'm leaving" ten years and 4 bikes later and I still cant get her to go...good luck though, its worth a try!

sorry to hear about your tip over. One time on base (navy) some jerk put a cig out on my brand new second look seat skin. the world is full of plain old assholes.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i had the same exact thing happen recently in front of a church on sunday. the fools nicely picked my bike back up. I'm going through insurance to make the bike look as good as new...$3,000 to fix my bike due to some people that can't drive. How much are your damages?
Mostly superficial damage to the upper and tail section, no cracks. If you don?t have sliders, I strongly recommend them. If figure about $400 if I replace all the damaged plastics.

·
Super Moderator
11,885 Posts
Here's what you need. I have a DVR set up that records my bike in it's garage 24/7. I can also remotely call up my DVR and see my bike. All the footage is mirrored off site so if they try to get into my place and steal the DVR (see my other post about my alarms systems) it's still all captured remotely. Best piece of mind you can get.

Attachments

·
Throw Some D's On It
8,779 Posts
That sucks!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.