Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
so...you started your bike...sounds cold...and you red lined it.

The engine is dumping fuel into itself...it's just igniting in the headers after you let off the throttle...pretty normal. could be a little rich...but nothign to worry about.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sabian said:
so...you started your bike...sounds cold...and you red lined it.

The engine is dumping fuel into itself...it's just igniting in the headers after you let off the throttle...pretty normal. could be a little rich...but nothign to worry about.
It was a little cool out there and I had been riding it for about 10 minutes before doing that video, including a sprint to 130 that left me quite shaken, so I dont know if the engine could still have been cold after that.

about the sprint. I got on the on ramp and pegged it in first gear-first time ever- I finally decided because of my height and weight 6-4, 240 lbs that the bike wont wheelie on me so I pegged it. I was literally hanging on the the bars for dear life when a cage decided to pull in front of me. Holy s$%. Luckily, there were three empty lanes of traffic so I pulled to the far left one. The acceleration on this thing is Fcvking INSANE. coming from a 67 hp, 500 lb bike to this I still cant believe the power.

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
you took a bike you arn't used to into traffic and pegged it in first...

...ok :corn

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
though I still stick to what I said....you opened the throttle all the way out...and then let off....engines do that.

·
Let the $ be spent
2,625 Posts
Looks like you hit rev limiter and unburnt fuel is being ignited by the hot exhaust

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
JaguarsLogic said:

what could be causing it?
Sounds pretty bad, sound like on urban assault when that dude broke his white and blue gixxer

and don't freaking redline it in netural, i'm pretty sure that won't help :fact

·
Until it sleeps
5,422 Posts
Yeah, free revving a bike is not good. Don't worry about those back fires though, no biggie.

·
I Can Has Wheelie?
11,996 Posts
JaguarsLogic said:
I am making the video of my micron sound for my brother (who has Yoshi) and I see this.

I dont know much about bikes but something tells me that this is not normal.

what could be causing it?

http://metroplexdeals.com/Overtime/Video_103105_001.3gp

Cause of problem: idiot rolling the throttle all the way until it stops without returning it while bike is idling.

If you don't know much about bikes, maybe you shouldn't be redlining it. You're right - it ISNT good for your bike to do that. Jeez people.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.