Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I ride a zx-10.
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my bike up on a rear stand today to do the front sprocket. When i was all finished, I started the bike while still on the rear stand. Keep in mind this is the first bike (out of 3) I have ever used a rear stand with. With the engine started, in neutral, clutch both engaged and disengaged, the wheel spun. It didnt fly around, but it was def spinning. I tried to stop it with my hand, when I let it go sure enuogh off it went, still spinning. Now I'm havin that sticky clutch problem (the on inherent in many '04/'05) real bad, could that be the problem or is it normal for the wheel to be a turnin a tiny bit even while in neutral.:iamwithst :fact

·
Track Day Junkie!
456 Posts
It is completely normal. You have a wet clutch. The viscosity of the oil will actually get the transmission to move the rar wheel slightly. You can stop it with your hand. Not a big deal.

·
Oh Damn!
475 Posts
totally normal. stop it with your hand, and after the bike warms up a bit, it will not spin anymore, atleast that is what happened to mine while I was lubing the chain:dunno

1 - 5 of 5 Posts