Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WTT: 2002 RC51 Full Ohlins for R

WTT for a 2005 and up R1 that has never touched the ground.

I bought the 51 in 2003 with 800 miles and have never had an issue with it. It has never been down, never been to the track, its just time for something new. Yes it has 22150 miles but there are 51's with 50, 60, even 75K miles on them with no issues.

If anyone is interested I will post all details and many pics.
Bike is located in MD

Thanks,
Mark

[email protected]

2002 RC-51
Milage 22150

PAIR mod
Flapper mod
Soft rev
Heat tape wrapped rear exhaust pipe
Extended kick stand for Ohlins forks
Wheels have been painted silver to match silver on the plastics

PCIII with DK Sato Banzai map
Sato Ti high mounts
Sato fully adjustable rear sets with rear brake adapter
Moriwaki billet aluminum suspension link
Ohlins R&T forks
Ohlins rear shock
Braided Galfler clutch, and F & R brake lines
Carbon fiber radiator fins
Carbon fiber OPP vented front fender
Carbon fiber Harris rear hugger
AFAM 15/41sprockets
DID ERV2 520 chain
Eurobikes undertail
Libertec LED tail lights
Libertec tail light controller
JM?s speedo healer
Flush mount turn signals
Scott?s steering damper mount (damper not included)
Metzeler Sportec M-3 tires
ZG double buble
Lots of little things i cant remember

SPARES.
1 stock battery
Front fender (stock)
Extra set of spark plugs
Barnett HD clutch and new springs. Plates are out of another 51 but are still good springs are new.
Stock rear shock
Stock exhaust pipes
Stock link

Condition.

Oil changed every 3K with Modil 1 synthetic or Motul synthetic.
Brake fluid and clutch fluid changes in the last 3000 miles with Motul RBF600
Stock clutch, No slipping
Fresh stock brakes pads about 5000 miles ago
Filters will be replaces before sale
Vales checked at 20000
Head bearings checked when valves were done, no issues.

Bike has NEVER been down EVER.
NEVER races only street duty.
No frame slider holes.

Left Sato exhaust can has a burn mark in the Ti from heat (cans need to be repacked)

Rear hugger has long scratch from a nail hitting in fropm the inside when I had a flat tire. Only cosmetic damage does not effect hugger in any other way.

Some minor scratches and nicks from normal street use nothing noticeable, small scratch in exhaust can on right side.

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No I haven't.... I would prefer an R1 on looks alone....if I get no bites maybe I?ll try over there then it?s off the Ebay and craigslist.

Racekid - Thank you Sir!

·
PUUUURRRRRGGGE!
865 Posts
I'd be up for a trade :)

edit: oops just re-read your post. Didn't see you wanted a bike tha's never been down :blush :vanish ... but if still interested, let me know. I had the bike checked at racetech with the GMD computrack to ensure my bike was straight...

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ocraven,

Nice looking bike! But correct I want a bike that has never touched the ground (not even a drive way incident) just like my 51.

And having played with NOS in past this is also not a bike I would be interested in.

But you still have an amazing looking ride and thank you for the interest! :epimp

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What is the sale pice on it if you do not get a trade?
I have a local interested (looking at it Saturday) for $9000.00 but I am open to offers.

The bike has over 10,000 in add on's and 51's retain there value well. This bike was my street bike so it was not abused, I save the beatings for the race bike thats what its there for :sneaky

·
PUUUURRRRRGGGE!
865 Posts
Ocraven,

Nice looking bike! But correct I want a bike that has never touched the ground (not even a drive way incident) just like my 51.

And having played with NOS in past this is also not a bike I would be interested in.

But you still have an amazing looking ride and thank you for the interest! :epimp
thanks and good luck. I'm sure you won't have trouble getting that bike off your hands

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.