1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bring X back
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:
[rant]

Ok heres the deal.

I hooked all my compss up to my connection yesterday and they are all doing fine.

One of the comps which has never in its life been online and I get a pop up window from www.endads.com

So I close it and go on....it pops up 5 minutes later..or less. So I am thinking I must have DLd some spyware...but wait..this comp has never been online nor have I DLd to it before...hmmmm.

So the next time it pops up I take a second to read it here is what it says.

Are you tired of all the popups that fill your screen?

Go to www.endads.com for free information about how to stop these ads.

Stop **ALL** Popups in just a couple of minutes without any special computer knowledge Go to endads today!

Pressing ok will not take you to endads so write down the website before pressing ok.

Yeah right you fawkers...first you infiltrate my fawking machine....you put in ad ware without my fawking consent....then you expect me to go to your fawking site and use your fawking software.......GO FUCK YOURSELVES ASSHOLES!!!

Everyone flood their mailbox with numerous emails complaining about this please...this is an invasion of privacy.

[email protected]

[/rant]

·
Tap dat...
14,410 Posts
Was it a popup window or a message window? The "Pressing ok will not take you to ..." makes me think that this computer:
1) is not protected by a firewall
2) has messenger service turned on and is directly connected to the Internet.

My suggestions to you are:
1) get a hardware firewall to put in place between your computers and the Internet
and/or
2) disable the messenger service altogether since you probably won't need it in a home environment.

·
Bring X back
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I went ahead and disabled the messenger and it stopped it...still won't stop me from auto sendin 1000 + emails to them this afternoon.....funny how 20 MB files can add up on a mail server :eek:

·
Tap dat...
14,410 Posts
Right click on your "My Computer" icon, choose "Manage". Find the Services section. In there you will find the messenger service. Kill it. :machingu

·
Full Time Post Whore
9,058 Posts
or go to run and type in

msconfig

click OK

go to services or startup and dispable some shit there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts