Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yamaha Announces 2008 Road Race Contingency Program

Cypress, CA (December 18, 2007) - Yamaha Motor Corporation is pleased to announce today the details of its 2008 Road Racing Contingency Program ?just in time for the holidays.? As in years? past, this comprehensive program is focused primarily on more grass roots Regional Sprint events throughout the country, as well as select National Series events with organizations such as WERA and ASRA.

?Our program for this year continues to place a primary emphasis on the local club level events as that is traditionally the best proving ground for new riders? says Yamaha Racing Manager Mike Guerra. ?Additionally, with the all new 2008 R6 just reaching Yamaha dealerships, we?re confident this program will prove to be a great added incentive for buyers intending to club race a new R1 or R6.?

Since 2006 Yamaha has consistently posted one of the largest Road Race Contingency programs and with the previously announced Motocross and Off-Road Program has now posted a total of over $15,000,000 in contingency for the 2008 racing season.

For full details on the new Road Racing Contingency Program, please log on to:

www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/events/contingency_rr_08.aspx

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,974 Posts
Yeah thats usually the catch. Basically Yamaha wants to be able to show its bikes can win on any level. So you get two catches from the good ole' "Win on Sunday.. Sell on Monday.."

1) The 07-08 models are whats on the dealership floor. Sure used bikes still sell well.. but the 07-08 model is whats advertised on the website and the brochures.

2) Anybody can sign up for amatuer race.. so bringing home Amatuer wood holds little validity. Expert class on the other hand.. atleast you know you have a certain guaranteed level of competitiveness.. and a bring home wood there means alot more in PR terms.

·
I'm getting old
1,502 Posts
Wooohooo, I'm expert, I'm SO FAST SO CLEAN and I have an 07 Yamaha, guess I'll get me some Yamaha money :dollar :dollar :fact :fact

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Wooohooo, I'm expert, I'm SO FAST SO CLEAN and I have an 07 Yamaha, guess I'll get me some Yamaha money :dollar :dollar :fact :fact

you need to be on the top to make money :crash

:lol

·
I'm getting old
1,502 Posts
you need to be on the top to make money :crash

:lol
They pay down to 10th, might be able to pull that off. Guess its for the final position of the year, not sure I'll attend all the races :lol:lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.