Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Learning...
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a bit of a random question, but does anyone know if there is a site that shows all of the different concept bikes from Yamaha over the years?

I looked at their one from this year's Tokyo show, with some very cool stuff, but I've come across random bikes before that were cool Yamaha concepts from years back (like the Morpho) and would love to have one place that compiles all of their concept bikes from the last 20 or 30 years.

Thanks.

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
37,587 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the concept works. Most don't appeal to me, and those that do rarely get released. Of the ones that do, not all make it here in the US. It's kind of like we get shafted here compared to stuff sold in Canada and Europe.

·
Super Moderator
45,418 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the concept works. Most don't appeal to me, and those that do rarely get released. Of the ones that do, not all make it here in the US. It's kind of like we get shafted here compared to stuff sold in Canada and Europe.
check out that XT 660 Tenere! :yesnod

·
37,587 Posts
check out that XT 660 Tenere! :yesnod
Don't really care for the design. I like the regular XT660 design better. however, neither of those bikes are available in the US.

·
Super Moderator
45,418 Posts
Don't really care for the design. I like the regular XT660 design better. however, neither of those bikes are available in the US.
I like the undertail exhaust better, especially if going to mount storage. And the add'l 7 litres of fuel capacity is substantial!

·
37,587 Posts
I like the undertail exhaust better, especially if going to mount storage. And the add'l 7 litres of fuel capacity is substantial!
I wouldn't mind the extra fuel capacity, and I'm sure one can purchase that tank and put on the XT660R. Would make for a nice long distance at that point.

As to the undertail exhaust, I can do without. I prefer side cans myself. Cheaper to replace, easier to work around, and the side cans of the XT660R are nicely out of the way.

Here's a comparison between the two.

I just wish Yamaha would put out a real street legal dual sport that had some power. Not this wanna-be WR crap.

Sorry for the thread jack...

·
Learning...
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, I guess there's nothing out there like this, huh?
Ok, anybody reading this want to send me whatever they've got on Yamaha concept bikes, and I can put together a site?

·
The plane will fly! :fact
7,030 Posts
I want the Honda NAS. The only Honda I've ever wanted.

·
Premium Member
30,475 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.