Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2006 R6R and new 2008 ZX10R
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the photo from my new car engine. See the yamaha logo in engine head...Yes...There is Yamaha engine head in new 2003 Toyota Corolla T Sport engine...

Very small and light car. 1,8 liter engine. Power 193 hp...red line 8200 rpm...No turbo...just 16 valves with new Yamaha engine head...Yes this car is screaming indeed...

Attachments

·
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes

Very nice indeed

gearbox...6 gears...by second gear the speed is around 110 km/t (69miles/h) against limiter...top speed around 230 km/h (145miles/h)

Acceleration around 7,0 - 7,5 sec from 0 to 100km/h

Best thanks to Yamaha

·
Too old for this crap...
1,869 Posts
HOLY SHIT!!!! Did yamaha manufacture engines for toyota now or what?!! They {yamaha) should make the whole engine instead just the head, but it gonna need some serious torque though :D

·
Animalistic is the greatest
430 Posts
Eliminator, Yamaha has been in bed with Toyota for years MR2 was originally a Yammie motor (The Super Charged one, I think the second gen was as well but not sure), also the SHO Taurus from Ford was Yammie Powered!

·
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Engine

This engine feels very special indeed...

The power pang is huge and it starts from 6300rpm and it goes very fast to limiter around 8200-8300rpm...The engine sounds very different at high rpm...just like rally car... 6 tight gears keep the engine at effective rpm area when accelerating hard

This car is a surprice for many bigger sport cars at traffig

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yup, they've been doing it for years. I'm bulding a 3sgte motor came out of the old turbo mr2's and celicas for my 94 corolla and the head sais yamaha on it. Gonna be pushin 500+ ponies once its done thanks to that head with a set of cams, rod, pistons, custom intake, turbo... the list goes on :rock here's a pic of a buddies old school rolla with the same motor (3sgte) 7.86 @ 164 mph. You can check out his site at www.psiracing.com

Attachments

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
They already make complete motors.
We call them outboards here in the states, also sold under the name MAriner btw. :2bitchsla

(btw they also make golf carts, and are the largest manufacturer of them worldwide i beleive)

·
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
T-Sport

This car is a real nice sleeper indeed. The engine is the same than in new tight Toyota Celica T-Sport.

All the time when I am accelerating just normally from the traffig lights, this car acceleration is faster than in normal cars and specially all the turbo cars and other family sport cars are immediately trying to accelerate very agressively and full speed...when I am reaching the power bang at second gear...my little car is overtaking all the other cars very rapidly...And it is not just the engine with Yamaha head...the suspension and drivebility is so good that the corner speed is much higher compared to other family sport cars...

Real fun indeed....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts